UnitedHealth Group

Great place to work

Current Employee - Quality in Brentwood, TN
Current Employee - Quality in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Work at home positions. The team I'm on is a great group of people and our immediate manager is a person I honestly respect. I feel appreciated and respected. I know that as long as I am doing the right thing, my manager will support me.

Cons

Benefits are not the best. It has some of the problems of a huge company--very complex internal processes. Sometimes seemingly simple things are turned into something much more complex than they need to be.

Improve benefits. Recognize that people are absolutely the most valuable resource any company can have. Simplify/streamline internal processes so that they are more user-friendly. Scrap the MAP and Concur programs and start again with something less convoluted.

2170 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Nothing is at is seems

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Great PTO accural
    Looks good on resume
    Lots of experience with Medical Prior Auths
    "worker bees" are friendly and helful

Cons

This opportunity started off being billed as a 3 week training course, that went to 4 weeks and then "suprise!! some of you will need to stay an extra week" for a different level of training. Ok it was paid training no problem. We found out that we would be doing medical billing and Prior Authorizations, wouldn't be getting paid any more money than the jobs we applied for but it would be more intense work with specific drugs and then "suprise!!" again instead of that one specialized area we would be doing both regular calls and "high touch" calls and nope no additional pay raise. This whole experience has been a lesson in half truths, and what i believe to be taking advantage of employees in a bad economy. The training was not realistic to the situations we face daily, very little floor support for questions without having to flag someone anyone down for help, on a regualr basis, there are knowing glances from employees that say more than words ever could. They know how to sell a lemon, that's for sure. Can't wait for the economy to get better. This is not at ALL what it was promised to be.

Get involved get dirty, stop double talking, get trained in the new system, so you know what we are dealing with, and tell the truth!! we are adults we can handle it!

My team is supportive, hasn't been easy to find a new position that will keeping me growing.

Current Employee - Software Tester in Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Software Tester in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

IT leadership has great vision and goals.

Cons

It isn't easy to move up or out of your department into jobs that will stretch your existing experience level.

Seek out staff to proactively advance them to new opportunities.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group