1993 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Quality  in  Brentwood, TN
Current Employee - Quality in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Work at home positions. The team I'm on is a great group of people and our immediate manager is a person I honestly respect. I feel appreciated and respected. I know that as long as I am doing the right thing, my manager will support me.

Cons

Benefits are not the best. It has some of the problems of a huge company--very complex internal processes. Sometimes seemingly simple things are turned into something much more complex than they need to be.

Improve benefits. Recognize that people are absolutely the most valuable resource any company can have. Simplify/streamline internal processes so that they are more user-friendly. Scrap the MAP and Concur programs and start again with something less convoluted.

Other Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Nothing is at is seems

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Great PTO accural
    Looks good on resume
    Lots of experience with Medical Prior Auths
    "worker bees" are friendly and helful

Cons

This opportunity started off being billed as a 3 week training course, that went to 4 weeks and then "suprise!! some of you will need to stay an extra week" for a different level of training. Ok it was paid training no problem. We found out that we would be doing medical billing and Prior Authorizations, wouldn't be getting paid any more money than the jobs we applied for but it would be more intense work with specific drugs and then "suprise!!" again instead of that one specialized area we would be doing both regular calls and "high touch" calls and nope no additional pay raise. This whole experience has been a lesson in half truths, and what i believe to be taking advantage of employees in a bad economy. The training was not realistic to the situations we face daily, very little floor support for questions without having to flag someone anyone down for help, on a regualr basis, there are knowing glances from employees that say more than words ever could. They know how to sell a lemon, that's for sure. Can't wait for the economy to get better. This is not at ALL what it was promised to be.

Get involved get dirty, stop double talking, get trained in the new system, so you know what we are dealing with, and tell the truth!! we are adults we can handle it!

I love the job, but we need new upper management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Ok benefits, work from home opportunities depending on departments, and opportunities to move around after 1u year of tenure in current department.

Cons

Lack of caring upper management, more personal communication needed from senior management, only PTO and no separate sick time, and better compensation needed.

Please start caring about your lower level employees. Remember that we do have families to take care of as well.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!