There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Happy, content and enjoying my work

Current Employee - Case Manager in Lisle, IL
Current Employee - Case Manager in Lisle, IL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

I enjoy environment, respect and flexibility

Cons

Too much orientation to statistics, too fast moving

Advice to Management

Understand humans working with humans

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fast-paced company, slightly under resourced with strong Senior management but middle management quality is spotty.

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Growing company. You'll have the opportunity to wear a number of hats with upward mobility if you are willing to put in a lot of extra time.

Cons

Corporate culture is lukewarm regarding telecommuting and resources in departments could be better. No Merit pay increases.

Advice to Management

Telecommuting is not a four-letter word. Your employees are your assests, don't treat them like hourly workers. The lack of merit pay increases hastens the departure of employees with institutional knowledge.

Its been a never ending display of watching sub par managers promoting those that are subpar to make them look good

Current Employee - Account Manager in Oldsmar, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Oldsmar, FL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Hard to say, good schedule that helps balance home/work, allow for flex time if needed.

Cons

Insane work load, managment that seems to promote those that are subpar and overlook those with the most knowledge and ability. Divert the easier work to those that they want to promote to make them look better and help support their decision to promote them so that it makes it look like they were correct in thier pick, what a joke. The worst college reimbursement program I have seeen in the business world. I would never reccommend this company to a friend, and enemy...yes. The compensation for the amount of work is absolutely a disgrace, considering the CEO was paid 102 million 2 yrs ago after telling the rest of us "no soup for you" (no raise), then the next year give him a 40% haircut, only to give him a 26% increase the next. Sorry, dont find that acceptable.

Advice to Management

wake up and smell the coffee, there are some really knowledgeable people that are going to walk away as quick as you can blink when this economy turns around if you dont start paying better and promoting those that actually deserve it.