UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
  www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

its allright - pays the bills

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Database Administrator in Hartford, CT

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

flexibility to achieve work/life balance

Cons

no growth for talent, only for friends

encourage talent not friends

2170 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Generally a happy place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Company believes in promoting from within. Good pay for positions. Pretty good hours also. Must be a happy person to work there.

Cons

Work when hospitals do (24/7) so getting off on all holidays is not easy. Before moving to another position must be with company 6 months.

90 day reviews on time would be nice to get appropriate feedback on weaknesses so one can improve and on areas that are already good.

UHG is no longer seeking sales reps. I felt forced to quit

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

There was a positive energy at UHG, hard workers, they put serious money into their facilities, the most excellent training I have ever received in my seven years of insurance sales experience. They care about the quality and level of customer service that their members receive (from their sales agents). I've heard conflicting stories in the claims department.

Cons

They lacked a personal touch; poor communication skills. Our commission decreased from $70/per sale to $11/per sale. Instead of setting up a meeting to discuss this with their sales force, they printed out a memo and taped it to our computers. They decreased earnings so much that every sales agent (including me) decided to resign and become an independent agent. Although no one was fired, it was impossible to earn a decent living. I heard that after the sales team left, they did away with the captive field sales rep position and are just using contracted agents.

Communicate to your team. Set obtainable expectations. You do have the best initial training; make sure you follow through as training should be ongoing. You can't learn everything in one month...especially in the ever-changing health insurance industry.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group