There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

UHG is no longer seeking sales reps. I felt forced to quit

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

There was a positive energy at UHG, hard workers, they put serious money into their facilities, the most excellent training I have ever received in my seven years of insurance sales experience. They care about the quality and level of customer service that their members receive (from their sales agents). I've heard conflicting stories in the claims department.

Cons

They lacked a personal touch; poor communication skills. Our commission decreased from $70/per sale to $11/per sale. Instead of setting up a meeting to discuss this with their sales force, they printed out a memo and taped it to our computers. They decreased earnings so much that every sales agent (including me) decided to resign and become an independent agent. Although no one was fired, it was impossible to earn a decent living. I heard that after the sales team left, they did away with the captive field sales rep position and are just using contracted agents.

Advice to Management

Communicate to your team. Set obtainable expectations. You do have the best initial training; make sure you follow through as training should be ongoing. You can't learn everything in one month...especially in the ever-changing health insurance industry.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Short term employment

Current Employee - Licensed Health Agent in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Health Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Decent buildings, however interior is large open sea of 4ft by 4ft cubicles. They train fairly well.

Cons

Many jobs are temporary, though you are not told that when hired. Connextions wants to fill seats with trained reps for Annual Enorollment Period of Medicare. After that is over, a large majority of employees lose their jobs. Many other current employees are "Forced Time Off" if activity is slow or system is not working for a few days. Management promises when hired totally unfulfilled and completely changed within first 3 months. As others have said, better than unemployment. Most people in my unit are job searching while working here.

Advice to Management

Hire an outside experienced leader.

Generally a happy place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Company believes in promoting from within. Good pay for positions. Pretty good hours also. Must be a happy person to work there.

Cons

Work when hospitals do (24/7) so getting off on all holidays is not easy. Before moving to another position must be with company 6 months.

Advice to Management

90 day reviews on time would be nice to get appropriate feedback on weaknesses so one can improve and on areas that are already good.