UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Fast paced, and dynamic business in a dynamic industry

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Associate Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Company attracts the brightest people in the industry.

Cons

compensation is at or below market.

2246 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

ONE BIG MISTAKE

Current Employee - RN, Service Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - RN, Service Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

ONLY Pro I can come up with 100% Romote. If I had to drive to to THAT office and deal with THE management everyday, I'd chew my foot off.

Cons

Poor training, and onboarding, Technology and equitment is TERRIBLE, the classroom time is all over the place and your training schdule changes DAILY, and has no structure. Especillay if state is watching over the operation. I set up to shadow a young new nurse that had POOR work habits NO extra space, and no ability to train a new hire.

Train your precptors!!!! Give them guidlines to follow in training new hires. GO to their homes and SEE what / where your new employees will be training. If your new employees would have a decent office chair in your office should'nt they have one with their precptors. Not to meantion adequte lighting, heating cooling and a GOOD learning environment.

What a Nightmare

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

It's a guaranteed paycheck in a rough economy. Good stock options and 401K. If you want lots of overtime this is the place. Just be aware that it's mandatory and excessive.

Cons

Upon being hired and completing training the first day on the floor was completely a different position than what we had even trained for. The employees are treated like work horses with very little assistance from supervisors. When ever a patient request to speak with a supervisor they scatter and let the call go straight to voicemail. Mandatory overtime is completely ridiculous so don't expect to have a balance between work & family time. And each week it continues to get worse. Don't get too close to your coworkers because chances are they won't be there next week with the extremely high turnover. Once the economy turns around they're going to have a real mess to clean up. It's been a nightmare!

Try to work with current employees you have versus treating this like a puppy mill. Happy employees equal happy customers. Face it ... The new computer system is also killing the business and morale. Majority of all incoming calls are irate patients who just want their meds not excuses. Each week it just gets worse!

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group