There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Great hours and I work from home

Current Employee - Physician Advisor in Newtown Square, PA
Current Employee - Physician Advisor in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

I've worked for EHR for a little over a year now, and I really enjoy it. I work a 40 hour week, which is a huge change from the hours I was working in the hospital setting. I now have the ability to work from home which has eliminated my commute time completely. Because of this I am now able to spend more time with my family. For the first time in my career, I am home when my kids get off the bus.

Cons

Because I was used to being surrounded by people in the hospital, it was hard for me to get used to working 5 days a week from home. It did take some adjustment time, but now I can't imagine fighting traffic during my commute each day.

Advice to Management

I think senior management does a great job of communicating with remote employees. Even though I am in a different part of the country, I feel like I am in the loop.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If you want to move up, you better kiss a**

Current Employee - Analyst in Cypress, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Cypress, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

I must admit that there are some leadership people that really care for their employees and encourage growth. There are other managers who are not in this category and doesn't really care about what is needed to make their employees happy and doesn't necessarily know that a happy employee produces good results. There are some departments better than others and it depends on who your boss is. If you have an issue with your supervisor and you report it to someone above your supervisor, don't expect to get a favorable response since most of the time, the managers or directors would side on your supervisor's side. If you want to succeed at United Health, be average. Working hard (even though they say they pay for performance) doesn't necessarily have its merits. In fact, it will put you under the radar. If you really are an A+ player, consider a smaller employer with more direct relationship with their employees and who is invested in the growth of the company and in their employees. I am happy to be leaving this company. The bureaucracy and the office politics can get out of hand and cause frustration amongst employees. They do have vital sign surveys but most of the time, if you provide feedback in regards to the management in your department, expect retaliation. This is not 'pros' per say but a general observation having worked 7 years in this company. Good place to start and move your way up but you should move out when you have gained enough experience.

Cons

- Favoritism - Some departments hire based on who they like and their relationship with the employees. - Bureaucracy and office politics

Advice to Management

Managers should be trained to support and encourage employees. Scare tactics shouldn't be the way to go.

Rude Supervisor, Hard to get days off and very little freedom.

Current Employee - CCP in Kingston, NY
    Current Employee - CCP in Kingston, NY

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

The co-workers are great and kind.

Cons

The way supervisors handle issues.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and realize that there are things in our personal lives that are out of our control and we should be able to receive time off without being penalized for it.