UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
  www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Great opportunity for growth but, IT is very disorganized

Current Employee - IT Manager in Plymouth, MN
Current Employee - IT Manager in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Great growth opportunity, great people, flexible work schedule, openness to new ideas

Cons

Desktop tech is very out of date, senior management does not realize the scale of some of their initiatives thus does not provide the appropriate resources to complete them. Loads of red tape around every process.

When taking on large initiatives on top of day to day work new teams should be built with top resources from the necessary teams pulled in and their positions back filled. This gives you a dedicated team of top notch professionals to accomplish your initiatives.

2170 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Type A culture

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Responsibility for extra work readily given on top of a over flowing workload. If so inclined for this type of work load, this is the place.

Cons

Leadership and subordinate direction weak and inadequate. Very little accountability paired up with responsibility. Highly matrixed environment. Be advised if you've not experienced this culture before.

Develop your leadership into leaders; train your manager to manage better.

Great hours and I work from home

Current Employee - Physician Advisor in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Physician Advisor in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

I've worked for EHR for a little over a year now, and I really enjoy it. I work a 40 hour week, which is a huge change from the hours I was working in the hospital setting. I now have the ability to work from home which has eliminated my commute time completely. Because of this I am now able to spend more time with my family. For the first time in my career, I am home when my kids get off the bus.

Cons

Because I was used to being surrounded by people in the hospital, it was hard for me to get used to working 5 days a week from home. It did take some adjustment time, but now I can't imagine fighting traffic during my commute each day.

I think senior management does a great job of communicating with remote employees. Even though I am in a different part of the country, I feel like I am in the loop.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group