There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Positive

Current Employee - Trainer  in  Buffalo, NY
Current Employee - Trainer in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Great quarterly compensation, and career developement.

Cons

System issues can become frusterating to do your job efficiently. Better employee benefits would be nice.

2002 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

It was a call center, so stressful and time off is virtually impossible

Former Employee - Customer Care Professional/Provider Phone Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Care Professional/Provider Phone Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Great company to work for. They are a leader in the healthcare industry. Benefits are inexpensive although high deductibles. Overall a great company to work with.

Cons

Unable to get time off to even so much as go to the doctor. When you work and 8-5 job and so do the doctors, its kind of difficult. To make an appointment I was on my cell phone during break at my desk on the phone with my providers office and I felt like I was planning battleship with which days they had open and which days I may be able to get off.

I understand a business need, however, with the call center areas, you need to make time off more liberal. If this means letting those go who are constantly on FMLA for reasons they shouldn't be or on a personally leave ALL OF THE TIME, then let them go. I knew a lot of people who were on FMLA over the allowed timeframe and yet they were still there.

First job out of college. Opportunities to grow.

Current Employee - Client Service Team  in  Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Client Service Team in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Executive Health Resources is my first job out of college. I interned at a few corporate offices while in school, but EHR is different. At some of the larger firms I felt like a number, but here, I feel like part of a team. My manager asks me on my career goals and is helping me find a position within the organization based on my major, business.

Cons

There are quite a few more people working in my area than when I started and sometimes the noise can be distracting.

It is really nice of the company to provide free coffee, tea and soda, but it would be nice if they had vending machines in the building for snacks.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!