UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com

1925 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Buyer beware ....

Former Employee - Outside Consultant  in  Eden Prairie, MN
Former Employee - Outside Consultant in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

Organization has one of the largest accumulations of intelligent people in the industry.

Cons

No alignment, the company exists to support UnitedHealthcare and Uniprise (other UHG companies get a "pass" on working with Ingenix and don't), the industry dislikes the UHG relationship and that impedes the true value, and UHG treats its employees like sled dogs (if you pull the sled fast - you get an extra piece of meat. if the sled tips over - one/many of you will be shot and discarded).

Run it like a separate business - stop living off the mothership and focus on the industry.

Other reviews for UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group is a toxic culture, know what you are getting into before you take that job.

Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

Compensation is decent, when they pay you accurately and on time.

Cons

Very difficult organization to navigate. The lack of accountability, and the silos in the organization do not allow for collaborative work.

Let someone run the company who has a clue about leadership. Business ethics seems to be a foreign language.

Behind the Smoke & Mirrors...

Current Employee - Dedicated Client Service Manager  in  Hooksett, NH
    Current Employee - Dedicated Client Service Manager in Hooksett, NH

Pros

The best reason to work at UHC are the people you work with and the clients you are working for.

Cons

There are too many to count. Benfits are awful, there is no upward movement unless you are a "lap dog". Don't be an individual thinker or ask to many questions because they prefer Drones. I hit all my metrics consistently, but because I ask questions that challenge their decisions I am an outcast. However; my numbers walk the walk so I get away with it for the most part. Funny though, each question I ask in a group setting is followed by a meeting with my Team Leader wanting to address my ability to "rile" up the team. Threatened Much??

You are only as good as the people under you. Value those that keep bonuses in your pocket and customers out of your face. We work too hard to be de-valued everyday.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!