UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com

1925 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Excellent

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative
Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative

Pros

Relaxed, casual atmosphere. Nice people to work with.

Cons

While we were given training I don't think that we were given enough to cover every circumstance that came up.

More training.

Other reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Research Before Working At UHC Community & State Division

Former Employee - Leadership Position
    Former Employee - Leadership Position

Pros

The pay is relatively decent.

Cons

By far the worst company I've ever worked for and I've been around awhile. There are certain "pockets" of the company that are good (I've heard Optum is good), but those pockets are limited. However, the "Community & State" branch is horrible.

- First, check out the reviews of "Americhoice" too. They went through a name change in 2010. There are many more accurate reviews there specifically about this branch of United.
    - Unless you have a Minnesota address, those in Minnetonka won't take you seriously. Upward mobility is limited because It's hard to stroke the right egos if you're not on Data Park Drive.
    - Sr. Leadership makes ignorant decisions in their ivory tower and ignore the expertise everywhere else in the organization.
    - They walk a very very thin line when it comes to ethics and integrity (in my opinion).
    - I wish an undercover reporter could work there for a few years. The world could see how the states' Medicaid dollars are spent on dysfunctional, political leadership who can't get out of their own way.
    - Sr. Leaders are RUTHLESS. Don't just take my word for it - look at "Americhoice" on Glassdoor too. They'll fire good, talented, proven people all the time - you can get an "Exceeds Expectations" on your review on Monday and be fired by Friday.
    - Extreme cronie'ism. If you are unlucky enough to get a new leader, expect that you may be fired so they can bring in their friends and their own people. That seems to be an accepted practice that I saw routinely.
    - Politics, not performance, will be the only way you will survive and thrive.

This is not feedback from an average "disgruntled" employee. I've held leadership positions at many companies and there is nothing like UHG when it comes to how this organization is run. I wasn't on the outside making assumptions - I was in the thick of it with these Senior Leaders. I actually left this job and chose unemployment in a bad economy because it was so horrible. Even if you're desperate for a job, you need to think twice about signing on with Community and State.

I don't know what advice I can give to even start making that division better, other than complete, sweeping leadership changes.

Intake Coordinator

Pros

Plenty of hours for OT

Cons

Micromanaged, poor training, terrible call center environment.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!