There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Not for the faint of heart

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minnetonka, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

High-profile projects, many businesses within the group. Dynamic. Ambitious people.

Cons

Cutthroat competitiveness that starts at the top and never stops. If you want to spend half your day making sure someone else gets the blame that something didn't complete the day before it actually began, and you don't mind sacrificing others, it might be the place for you. Benefits are appalling for a healthcare company. Corporate infrastructure is a morass.

Encourage more good work and discourage clawing to the top.

2022 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Happy Employee

Current Employee - Director  in  Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Director in Hartford, CT

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Fair and equitable place, room for advancement, support of goals

Cons

constant fluctuations and re-orgs, not enough team building situations or activities

a clearer idea of what our overall goal and outlook is without any of the bells and whistles would be nice. show us that the daily stuff that affects us also affects you.

There are a lot better places to work.

Former Employee - Sales Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

If you can work in the system you can earn a decent living. The rewards were much better when their stock was a high perfomer. Salaries are below maket, but the benefit package is ok. If you can fit into their system there are opportunities to advance by moving between departments and divisions.

Cons

Management is ruthless and has little regard for employees. It is definetly a "results at all costs" organization. The Human Resources department is really just a computer program. The bonus programs they have are very confusing, and typically you have no idea how to win in the system. Goals come from the top down with not logic. The goals tend to be extremmly high and very unreasonable. They justify this by saying "it's what our stockholders must have!"

Recognize the value of your employees more.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!