Precription Solutions taken over by Optum Rx

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was able to help people with there precription needs, trouble shoot receiving their orders on time, help pharmacies process claims that were not paying. I enjoyed most of my coworkers.

Cons

I are given under 5 min. to end your call no matter what the customers problems may be or how many they may have. I you received a lot of call with bigger problems, even though the caller of happy and grateful for your time and effort, it was counted againist you and you were wrote up for to long of calls even though they want you to make calls one call resolution, so callers are not calling back about same problems. You also can not end the call caller has to end the call.

Advice to Management

The customer is who makes the company. If you have no customer you have no company. You say you want the customer to happy and taken care of, but you just want to make money and have customers that do not have any problems. There was Voice of the Customer, if a customer called in and did not even speak with an advocate because call wait was too long and customer was unhappy that counted againist advocate that was going to receive that call. There are a number of advocates that would have 100% on these customer reviews because they care about the callers needs, but you get one or two of not even getting to speak to customer, zeros and you are blown, and get in trouble. That is not fair to your employees. At Overland Park location there are favorites. I f there are issues they dont want higher ups to know about whats happening it is dismissed, and never taken care of, you either end up quitting or fired.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

HOSTILE work environment!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative, Claims, Dental, Vision in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good pay, incentive to work from home a plus,

Cons

Very hostile supervisors, unfeeling for the teams they oversee. Only the stats matter, if you fall below then you are humiliated verbally and in front of peers. The supervisors are heartless and the puppets of upper mgmt. Most of the workers are of Hispanic origin and if you are any other color your are discriminated against. Heard over and over, " your white you will go no where here". Refuses to blend work and personal life to the point of making health risks for some employees. Employees have been humiliated in front of training classes, many employees made fun of in a language they do not understand to their faces and to a sup and they just laugh. Employees feel targeted, abused, disposable. The expectations change so much no worker can keep up a good score. Each CSR has to know every plan by heart and if you say one wrong word you have a deduction and can be held up to company ridicule. I wish the CEO would come do this job one day....no safety net...just put on the phone and given the abusive people we deal with all day and smile and be empathetic no matter what. If you can work anywhere else do it its not worth the headache to work at this company.

Advice to Management

be human....treat your staff with the same respect you treat customers on the phone...and stop the race discrimination at this call center!!!!

Very Bizarre Company

Former Employee - Analyst in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Analyst in Edina, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some great people work here. Unfortunately, these people are regularly ruined by petty gossip mongers.

Cons

Truly bizarre that a health insurance company doesn't offer it's own employees decent health insurance.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the poor attitudes, Grant your employees health insurance. Senior management is good, middle managers are mixed.