UnitedHealth Group

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Growing Health Company

Current Employee - Level I Administrative in Newtown Square, PA
Current Employee - Level I Administrative in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company is only about 10 years old and is growing at a HUGE rate. They like to hire from within when possible and seem to love Veterans.

Cons

I can't really think of any right now.

Allow the policies to grow with the company. All policies are not in writing which causes challenges for all of us. People need to know the policies and need to be able to find them quickly.

2333 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Many employees can work remotely one day a week. Most locations have a gym. The salary is competitive. The stock purchase plan it great.

Cons

It's difficult to move up in the company. The health insurance isn't the best. It's high deductible.

For a company in the health care space, you should consider offering employees better insurance.

HOSTILE work environment!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative, Claims, Dental, Vision in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good pay, incentive to work from home a plus,

Cons

Very hostile supervisors, unfeeling for the teams they oversee. Only the stats matter, if you fall below then you are humiliated verbally and in front of peers. The supervisors are heartless and the puppets of upper mgmt. Most of the workers are of Hispanic origin and if you are any other color your are discriminated against. Heard over and over, " your white you will go no where here". Refuses to blend work and personal life to the point of making health risks for some employees. Employees have been humiliated in front of training classes, many employees made fun of in a language they do not understand to their faces and to a sup and they just laugh. Employees feel targeted, abused, disposable. The expectations change so much no worker can keep up a good score. Each CSR has to know every plan by heart and if you say one wrong word you have a deduction and can be held up to company ridicule. I wish the CEO would come do this job one day....no safety net...just put on the phone and given the abusive people we deal with all day and smile and be empathetic no matter what. If you can work anywhere else do it its not worth the headache to work at this company.

be human....treat your staff with the same respect you treat customers on the phone...and stop the race discrimination at this call center!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group