There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Training is hard

Current Employee - Pcrs in Springfield, MO
Current Employee - Pcrs in Springfield, MO

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of support,easy to get along with most people. Good job if u can keep up with their expectations

Cons

Training is long and many days i feel like i didnt learn or do anything. Performance goals are expected even as a trainee. Hard to get questions answered

Dont expect trainees to meet quality measures when they are still learning

reviews filtered by
  1. Good In the Beginning

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, fair pay, and respect if you have a good manager.

Cons

They tend to hire managers who act very favorably, and they do not like to handle transfers from salespeople. If you are in sales, forget about getting another job within the company.

Please hire management that can work with all employees, not just the golden children.

Precription Solutions taken over by Optum Rx

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was able to help people with there precription needs, trouble shoot receiving their orders on time, help pharmacies process claims that were not paying. I enjoyed most of my coworkers.

Cons

I are given under 5 min. to end your call no matter what the customers problems may be or how many they may have. I you received a lot of call with bigger problems, even though the caller of happy and grateful for your time and effort, it was counted againist you and you were wrote up for to long of calls even though they want you to make calls one call resolution, so callers are not calling back about same problems. You also can not end the call caller has to end the call.

The customer is who makes the company. If you have no customer you have no company. You say you want the customer to happy and taken care of, but you just want to make money and have customers that do not have any problems. There was Voice of the Customer, if a customer called in and did not even speak with an advocate because call wait was too long and customer was unhappy that counted againist advocate that was going to receive that call. There are a number of advocates that would have 100% on these customer reviews because they care about the callers needs, but you get one or two of not even getting to speak to customer, zeros and you are blown, and get in trouble. That is not fair to your employees. At Overland Park location there are favorites. I f there are issues they dont want higher ups to know about whats happening it is dismissed, and never taken care of, you either end up quitting or fired.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group