Good company

Current Employee - Senior Developer in South Windsor, CT
Current Employee - Senior Developer in South Windsor, CT

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment. Allow employee work from home . Good benefits. Very good training opportunities.

Cons

Big company. Sometimes the processes are tedious.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good company for a hard worker

Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Variety of opportunities available. You can be a licenced agent at no cost to you or non-licensed. If you work hard enough and display your dedication and skills you have all the possibilities to grow.

Cons

Sessional ramp downs may cause you to switch accounts one-two times a year. Periodically it gets really busy and people may be asked to stay at work longer, which may interfere with the busy at home life one may have.

Advice to Management

Be more open minded when it comes to your subordinates ideas.

Precription Solutions taken over by Optum Rx

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was able to help people with there precription needs, trouble shoot receiving their orders on time, help pharmacies process claims that were not paying. I enjoyed most of my coworkers.

Cons

I are given under 5 min. to end your call no matter what the customers problems may be or how many they may have. I you received a lot of call with bigger problems, even though the caller of happy and grateful for your time and effort, it was counted againist you and you were wrote up for to long of calls even though they want you to make calls one call resolution, so callers are not calling back about same problems. You also can not end the call caller has to end the call.

Advice to Management

The customer is who makes the company. If you have no customer you have no company. You say you want the customer to happy and taken care of, but you just want to make money and have customers that do not have any problems. There was Voice of the Customer, if a customer called in and did not even speak with an advocate because call wait was too long and customer was unhappy that counted againist advocate that was going to receive that call. There are a number of advocates that would have 100% on these customer reviews because they care about the callers needs, but you get one or two of not even getting to speak to customer, zeros and you are blown, and get in trouble. That is not fair to your employees. At Overland Park location there are favorites. I f there are issues they dont want higher ups to know about whats happening it is dismissed, and never taken care of, you either end up quitting or fired.