There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

HOSTILE work environment!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative, Claims, Dental, Vision  in  San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative, Claims, Dental, Vision in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good pay, incentive to work from home a plus,

Cons

Very hostile supervisors, unfeeling for the teams they oversee. Only the stats matter, if you fall below then you are humiliated verbally and in front of peers. The supervisors are heartless and the puppets of upper mgmt. Most of the workers are of Hispanic origin and if you are any other color your are discriminated against. Heard over and over, " your white you will go no where here". Refuses to blend work and personal life to the point of making health risks for some employees. Employees have been humiliated in front of training classes, many employees made fun of in a language they do not understand to their faces and to a sup and they just laugh. Employees feel targeted, abused, disposable. The expectations change so much no worker can keep up a good score. Each CSR has to know every plan by heart and if you say one wrong word you have a deduction and can be held up to company ridicule. I wish the CEO would come do this job one day....no safety net...just put on the phone and given the abusive people we deal with all day and smile and be empathetic no matter what. If you can work anywhere else do it its not worth the headache to work at this company.

be human....treat your staff with the same respect you treat customers on the phone...and stop the race discrimination at this call center!!!!

2021 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Very Bizarre Company

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Analyst in Edina, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some great people work here. Unfortunately, these people are regularly ruined by petty gossip mongers.

Cons

Truly bizarre that a health insurance company doesn't offer it's own employees decent health insurance.

Get rid of the poor attitudes, Grant your employees health insurance. Senior management is good, middle managers are mixed.

Great team, great culture, great company

Current Employee - Graphic Designer  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Even as a contract employee, my team has made me feel a part of. The leadership really cares about its employees and wants to see people grow. Their is a deep knowledge and understanding of the business and that is filtered to every level. Very positive environment.
    There is a lot of work and that's a good thing! I'm really hoping that this job goes permanent because I love my team and love the level of work that we are doing.

Cons

Currently, benefits are not offered to contractors through OptumRx but through staffing agency.

Hire me please!

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!