There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Great place

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Kingston, NY
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kingston, NY

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work. Community feels involved communication is top notch and the company actually makes you feel like it cares

Cons

Not much, there is some organization issues in company documentation but aside from that there isn't anything off the top of hand that I would say as a con for this company

n/a

1990 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

A company that could care less about the employees

Current Employee - Wellness Coach  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Wellness Coach in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group for more than a year

Pros

Pays very well compared to other health related jobs
    Great colleagues

Cons

Initial training is highly ineffective and entirely too short
    Hours are not flexible
    Upper management with no field experience
    Driven by numbers and not relationships with clients
    No opportunities to move up
    It takes an act of congress to telecommute
    Very low team morale which adds to a very unpleasant work environment

If you want to keep good employees as opposed to the extremely high turnover you have, treat your employees with respect and dignity. Respect work life balance!! Also considering trusting the expertise of your employees as opposed to creating cookie cutter scripts that takes autonomy away from the employee. You may also want to consider not lying to your employees about opportunities to work from home or increasing work hours during the interview.

Not Great

Current Employee - Works With Claims  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Works With Claims in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

They do ask your opinion a lot. The schedule is flexible. Salary is okay for this area.They are flexible with time off if you need it.

Cons

They don't do anything with what you tell them. Upper management is a nightmare to get a hold of or deal with. Their error validation system is not standard. One our current validators actually has told people she dislikes my department and is out to get us. And they have kept her on to mess with people's jobs. There's no communication between departments it's a very much us against them system. They train you on a lot of things that are not important to your job but don't give you information about how your job is important to the rest of the company or how it fits in with what other people do. They are VERY disorganized. And their technology for their platforms is from about 1980. I'm not particularly sure how anything gets done correctly.

instead of pretending to care what your employees say do something about it instead of wasting our time and yours. Also maybe working together instead of having these ridiculous gaps between departments. And instead of spending your money on useless training or databases that don't get used or are really inefficient maybe spend some money upgrading your system so it is not so flawed and time consuming.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!