UnitedHealth Group
2.8 of 5 1,588 reviews
www.unitedhealthgroup.com Minnetonka, MN 5000+ Employees

Overall its a good place to work

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStart of with 4 weeks PTO; You are not the only one doing your job - lots of people to assist with coverage. Pay is on par with the avg

ConsFor a network engineer - its a little too SILO'd for me. For example - as a network engineer in the datacenter, I like to unbox a new switch, rack it, stack it, cable it, configure it, and operate/maintain it. What I just listed is done by 6 different people operating in their own SILO's.

For example, there is someone that specs out heating/cooling and the physical layout of where the switch goes, then someone else unboxes/screws it in, then someone else installs modules/plugs the data cables in, then someone else configures it and powers it on.

Also - since its a Healthcare company that operates under HIPPA rules - things are locked down so tight that its impossible to get your stuff done realistically.

Also - they use HSA for their benefit package - unless you are Grade 25 or below (Desktop Support Analyst) you cannot have a PPO. (Network Engineers typically start at Grade 27ish) An HSA is where you have to contribute x dollars a month into a Savings Account and you are responsible for the first 3500 - 4500 dollars of your health costs. Full coverage kicks in after that. So if you are a healthy jock - this works against you. If you have a terminal condition - this is the best package for you. After the initial deductable - 100% coverage kicks in.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to offer a PPO

The worst experience in my 25 year career

Senior Network Contractor (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Enthusiastic sales team. Innovative approach. Good advancement strategies. Cons: Inexperienced, unskilled managers. An "old boys network"mentality, even with women leadership. A lot of favoritism. … Advice to Senior Management: Provide leadership training to managers. Promote managers based on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

They discriminate!!

Underemployed (Current Employee)
Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for less than a year

Pros: i don't see any good from this company. Cons: This company says they hire equally. This is unture. They hire based on sex, race, religion, gender, rather than based on experience and… Advice to Senior Management: Wake Up. The culture here sucks. A person with a positive attitude loses that within 6 months because there is no future for employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!

UnitedHealth Group – Why Work for Us?

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UnitedHealth Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UnitedHealth Group CEO Steve Hemsley. All reviews posted anonymously by UnitedHealth Group employees.