There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

A good place to work

Former Employee - Software Quality Analyst  in  Cypress, CA
Former Employee - Software Quality Analyst in Cypress, CA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Nice people, well-organized, and infrastructure in place.

Cons

Process from IT dept. took a liitle long if needed support.

1990 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

rotten company. Great Customers.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed being able to help the customers. I was easily able to get them on and off the phone in under 5 Minutes.
    I was there from october 2006-Feb.2009.

Cons

They gave us good job Ribbons,but,alas,no pay increase.What good are ribbons? No other Company cares if you got a Ribbon. I would have liked a pay increase to go along with my excellent customer service.And they worked me 108 Hours in a 2 week period,in Feb.2009.If you are a great agent, they will work you into the ground,even if 54 hours is excessive. they do not care. They also don't care about those with Children.All they care about is,the Phones.And if you want to transfer to another department,you can forget it.Especially if you are a good agent..

Fire Beth Todd.Get rid of Markisha Harvey.

Disappointed

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers, helping customers with problems the conversations with them were inspiring and sometimes funny, got a real appreciation for the meds that help with MS and Chemo drugs.

Cons

Lots of double talk from management, stats are what's really important not service, turn 'em and burn 'em attitude to customers calling in, lots of insurance issues, meds not being delivered to hospitals, or patients residences on time. I can actually see accounting in the cubicle farm, but you cannot transfer calls to them to actually explain the double charges, insurance issues etc, they do not take phone calls, but they will mess things up and have you deal with it! Imagine screwing a person out of money & life saving meds?? Those are conversations I hope to never have again!

Fire or transfer half of supervisors, they either don't care or they have become complacent and don't get the essence of their job is anymore, other than "our" queues stats are suffering!

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!