Not Great

Current Employee - Works With Claims in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Works With Claims in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do ask your opinion a lot. The schedule is flexible. Salary is okay for this area.They are flexible with time off if you need it.

Cons

They don't do anything with what you tell them. Upper management is a nightmare to get a hold of or deal with. Their error validation system is not standard. One our current validators actually has told people she dislikes my department and is out to get us. And they have kept her on to mess with people's jobs. There's no communication between departments it's a very much us against them system. They train you on a lot of things that are not important to your job but don't give you information about how your job is important to the rest of the company or how it fits in with what other people do. They are VERY disorganized. And their technology for their platforms is from about 1980. I'm not particularly sure how anything gets done correctly.

Advice to Management

instead of pretending to care what your employees say do something about it instead of wasting our time and yours. Also maybe working together instead of having these ridiculous gaps between departments. And instead of spending your money on useless training or databases that don't get used or are really inefficient maybe spend some money upgrading your system so it is not so flawed and time consuming.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to grow

Current Employee - Underwriting Director in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Underwriting Director in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunities. Lots of upward mobility.

Cons

Medical benefits could be better

Advice to Management

None

2. Great place

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kingston, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kingston, NY

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Community feels involved communication is top notch and the company actually makes you feel like it cares

Cons

Not much, there is some organization issues in company documentation but aside from that there isn't anything off the top of hand that I would say as a con for this company

Advice to Management

n/a