UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com

Not Great

Works With Claims (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThey do ask your opinion a lot. The schedule is flexible. Salary is okay for this area.They are flexible with time off if you need it.

ConsThey don't do anything with what you tell them. Upper management is a nightmare to get a hold of or deal with. Their error validation system is not standard. One our current validators actually has told people she dislikes my department and is out to get us. And they have kept her on to mess with people's jobs. There's no communication between departments it's a very much us against them system. They train you on a lot of things that are not important to your job but don't give you information about how your job is important to the rest of the company or how it fits in with what other people do. They are VERY disorganized. And their technology for their platforms is from about 1980. I'm not particularly sure how anything gets done correctly.

Advice to Senior Managementinstead of pretending to care what your employees say do something about it instead of wasting our time and yours. Also maybe working together instead of having these ridiculous gaps between departments. And instead of spending your money on useless training or databases that don't get used or are really inefficient maybe spend some money upgrading your system so it is not so flawed and time consuming.

Great place to grow

Underwriting Director (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great opportunities. Lots of upward mobility. Cons: Medical benefits could be better Advice to Senior Management: None More

A Culture of Favoritism

Operational Trainer (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Opportunity to telecommute if approved. Cons: A lot of favoritism regarding promotions, access to educational funding. Dictator approach to managing employees. A lot of programs… Advice to Senior Management: Have VP, Directors and Manager compensation also be based on the number of employees promoted, employees who obtain additional training, certifications or degree with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!