There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Good company to work for that could be even better.

Current Employee - IT Project Manager
Current Employee - IT Project Manager

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

I feel that I am treated as a person.

Cons

The company provides poor retirement benefits.

Advice to Management

Consolidate the companies that have been purchased into the UHG enterprise as quickly as possible. They are still acting as independent companies making integration difficult.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A stepping stone company

Current Employee - Provider Phone Representative in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Provider Phone Representative in Frederick, MD

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

It is a cll center environement. If you do get sick, the business still stands.

Cons

Unplanned Time off is easy until you accumulate points (3 max=3days) and get terminated. Incompetent management. Work politics is in the air suffocating you. I feel like I'm back in High-school. They do not increase pay but has a bonus on a pay-per-performance. The provlem there is that the cost of living is increasing yearly and and absence rejects you of the bonus. Not a win-win situation.

Advice to Management

Make up your minds and try being on the phones for a day and let me know if your demands of us are fairly justified.

UHG is a great place to work for your future in the industry even if it's not long term.

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Minnetonka, MN
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

UHG is an industry leader with lots of resources. It is full of top notch talent and incredibly intelligent people. It's a great experience and a good resume builder for a career in the health care industry.

Cons

UHG is very large, so it's easy to get lost and sometimes hard to get recognition for your work. There is a high turnover of employees even at the highest levels of senior management. As a result many employees do not think or plan on being there for a long time.

Advice to Management

Even the top senior executives turnover quickly. In order to create more stability and long term strategic approach, senior management shoul keep themselves in place longer.