There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worst company I have ever worked for in my career.

Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Cypress, CA
Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Cypress, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get health insurance when you work for them. Its not great but its something.

Cons

Where to start? Bad management, terrible morale, most folks are walking around as though someone died. They try to hire as many non-U.S. born Filipinos as possible so that they can take advantage of their work ethic and tendency to abuse without complaint or wage increases. Poor management team that implements half-baked best practices that ultimately fail and they then blame the employee. I have never worked with so many obese people in my life and I think that contributed to the weekly call of the ambulance and paramedics.

Advice to Management

Develop some kind of coherent management style and really try to connect with your employees and subscribers. Do your homework about what really works and what does not instead of applying shoddy ideas and methods that you have no clue will work or not. Try and really put forth some effort when you are designing best practices for your employees versus half-cooked ideas that ultimately fail in their goal and drive company morale way down. Also implement some kind of fitness program as I have never worked with so many morbidly obese people in my life. I am sure this contributed to the once a week visit from paramedics.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. If Your Liked You Will Go Far

Current Employee - Phone Represenitive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Phone Represenitive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having a job during tough economic times

Cons

Mass confusion, extreme pressure in a call center, supervisors have their positions without knowledge of how to ethically treat people on the floor, discrimination! It is well known because the Supervisors will tell you " in order to move up at uhc you need to network yourself and be liked". I was appauled that that sentence was even spoken. They play favorites with which employees do the most for them the " sups"

Advice to Management

Be more aware of your management you have in place. If you wou
    ld speak to employees instead, of putting "restrictions" on us (fear of job loss) you would have happier employees. Take the time to ask us about our work environment in private not a ROUND TABLE meeting!

2. Do they really care about employees???????????

Former Employee - Administrative Assist in Agoura Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assist in Agoura Hills, CA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Try to give raises every year (and some bonus).

Cons

After 6 1/2 years of devotion and only missing one day of work because of having to go into the hospital (unexpectedly). The company really doesn't care and closes the office you are working in and instead of letting you telecommute like every other person in the same office you get laid off!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Care more about employees as you claim to care about members (they are members too).