UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worst company I have ever worked for in my career.

Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Cypress, CA
Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Cypress, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get health insurance when you work for them. Its not great but its something.

Cons

Where to start? Bad management, terrible morale, most folks are walking around as though someone died. They try to hire as many non-U.S. born Filipinos as possible so that they can take advantage of their work ethic and tendency to abuse without complaint or wage increases. Poor management team that implements half-baked best practices that ultimately fail and they then blame the employee. I have never worked with so many obese people in my life and I think that contributed to the weekly call of the ambulance and paramedics.

Develop some kind of coherent management style and really try to connect with your employees and subscribers. Do your homework about what really works and what does not instead of applying shoddy ideas and methods that you have no clue will work or not. Try and really put forth some effort when you are designing best practices for your employees versus half-cooked ideas that ultimately fail in their goal and drive company morale way down. Also implement some kind of fitness program as I have never worked with so many morbidly obese people in my life. I am sure this contributed to the once a week visit from paramedics.

2328 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

rotten company. Great Customers.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed being able to help the customers. I was easily able to get them on and off the phone in under 5 Minutes.
    I was there from october 2006-Feb.2009.

Cons

They gave us good job Ribbons,but,alas,no pay increase.What good are ribbons? No other Company cares if you got a Ribbon. I would have liked a pay increase to go along with my excellent customer service.And they worked me 108 Hours in a 2 week period,in Feb.2009.If you are a great agent, they will work you into the ground,even if 54 hours is excessive. they do not care. They also don't care about those with Children.All they care about is,the Phones.And if you want to transfer to another department,you can forget it.Especially if you are a good agent..

Fire Beth Todd.Get rid of Markisha Harvey.

Do they really care about employees???????????

Former Employee - Administrative Assist in Agoura Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assist in Agoura Hills, CA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Try to give raises every year (and some bonus).

Cons

After 6 1/2 years of devotion and only missing one day of work because of having to go into the hospital (unexpectedly). The company really doesn't care and closes the office you are working in and instead of letting you telecommute like every other person in the same office you get laid off!!!!!!!!!

Care more about employees as you claim to care about members (they are members too).

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group