UnitedHealth Group

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

If Your Liked You Will Go Far

Current Employee - Phone Represenitive in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Phone Represenitive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Having a job during tough economic times

Cons

Mass confusion, extreme pressure in a call center, supervisors have their positions without knowledge of how to ethically treat people on the floor, discrimination! It is well known because the Supervisors will tell you " in order to move up at uhc you need to network yourself and be liked". I was appauled that that sentence was even spoken. They play favorites with which employees do the most for them the " sups"

Be more aware of your management you have in place. If you wou
ld speak to employees instead, of putting "restrictions" on us (fear of job loss) you would have happier employees. Take the time to ask us about our work environment in private not a ROUND TABLE meeting!

2170 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Worst company I have ever worked for in my career.

Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Cypress, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Cypress, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get health insurance when you work for them. Its not great but its something.

Cons

Where to start? Bad management, terrible morale, most folks are walking around as though someone died. They try to hire as many non-U.S. born Filipinos as possible so that they can take advantage of their work ethic and tendency to abuse without complaint or wage increases. Poor management team that implements half-baked best practices that ultimately fail and they then blame the employee. I have never worked with so many obese people in my life and I think that contributed to the weekly call of the ambulance and paramedics.

Develop some kind of coherent management style and really try to connect with your employees and subscribers. Do your homework about what really works and what does not instead of applying shoddy ideas and methods that you have no clue will work or not. Try and really put forth some effort when you are designing best practices for your employees versus half-cooked ideas that ultimately fail in their goal and drive company morale way down. Also implement some kind of fitness program as I have never worked with so many morbidly obese people in my life. I am sure this contributed to the once a week visit from paramedics.

rotten company. Great Customers.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed being able to help the customers. I was easily able to get them on and off the phone in under 5 Minutes.
    I was there from october 2006-Feb.2009.

Cons

They gave us good job Ribbons,but,alas,no pay increase.What good are ribbons? No other Company cares if you got a Ribbon. I would have liked a pay increase to go along with my excellent customer service.And they worked me 108 Hours in a 2 week period,in Feb.2009.If you are a great agent, they will work you into the ground,even if 54 hours is excessive. they do not care. They also don't care about those with Children.All they care about is,the Phones.And if you want to transfer to another department,you can forget it.Especially if you are a good agent..

Fire Beth Todd.Get rid of Markisha Harvey.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group