2002 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

WORST COMPANY EVER TO WORK FOR

Former Employee - Customer Care Professional  in  Oldsmar, FL
Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Oldsmar, FL

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

um, u get a paycheck

Cons

hard to get time off, you get written up if u missed work-even if you were admitted to the hospital as an emergency, supervisors and managers do not care about you only your numbers-I was put on medical leave-strict bed rest and not once in my entire time off did anyone in mgmt email me or call me to see how I was doing or when I was coming back, this is the worst company I have ever worked for and I am so glad I left there-I do not recommend this company to anyone unless you are truly desperate. They expect you to get off the phone within 4 minutes to take more calls so you can meet your metrics every month instead of helping the customers, you can't get any help from the supervisors because they haven't a clue as to what they are doing, you dont get to move up unless you brown nose it...............run as far away from this company as possible

Other Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Decent job to get started in your career, not much room to grow.

Former Employee - Account Consultant  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Account Consultant in Rockville, MD

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are in the Sales department you can make good money with bonuses and commission. Company culture is pretty flexible and will allow you to work from home occasionally within certain positions.

Cons

Republican company that doesn't allow for much growth. Did not enjoy the life in my office, lots of turnover of good employees who leave for more money.

Allow employees to grow and move in the company. Pay employees more for advanced degrees.

Like riding a roller coaster

Current Employee - Clinical Staff  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Clinical Staff in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary is fair for job duties and geographic area. Easy commute. Fair and truthful interview process. Non-insurance benefits are very great and include free biometric screening, on-site gym, exercise classes, massage therapy and flu vaccinations. More than adequate on-site employee parking. Cafeteria menu is tasty and pricing is fair. Cafeteria seating is more than adequate. Many opportunities to become involved with company charities. Employees may work 8 hours annually,with pay, as a volunteer for these charities. Company is in touch and receptive to local community needs. Work from home feature is fantastic. Company provides home office furniture, technology and office supplies.

Cons

Laissez-faire leadership. Local management not on the same page. The miscommunication or lack of communication among leaders is not conducive to individual or team development. Leaders frequently do not adhere to or are unaware of company policy. Favoritism noted by some managers. Management has difficutly providing direct answers to specific questions. Company has self service policy for employees. Employees are directed to look at company intranet, policies and procedures regarding such things as standard operating procedures, equipment troubleshooting, benefits etc. Unfortunately time spent looking for answers to such questions is time consuming and interfers with employee productivity Company is paperless, which is truly wonderful in principal, yet, impractical at times. Leadership lacks creative problem solving. While company jobsite is beautiful on the outside, the building smells of deodorizing products, cubicles are stained and bathrooms need improvement.

Simplify operating procedures. Provide human resources for employee questions. By continually referring employees to research and find their own answers in intranet website, productivity is lost and interpertation of standard operating procedures will not be consistent among employees. Supervisors need to be more than a go between upper management and staff. Before managers offer impractical job insight, it would be helpful and an eye opener for supervisors to work their departmental staff jobs for several days. This will provide managers with real time experience instead of optimal textbook advice.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!