UnitedHealth Group

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

WORST COMPANY EVER TO WORK FOR

Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Oldsmar, FL
Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Oldsmar, FL

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

um, u get a paycheck

Cons

hard to get time off, you get written up if u missed work-even if you were admitted to the hospital as an emergency, supervisors and managers do not care about you only your numbers-I was put on medical leave-strict bed rest and not once in my entire time off did anyone in mgmt email me or call me to see how I was doing or when I was coming back, this is the worst company I have ever worked for and I am so glad I left there-I do not recommend this company to anyone unless you are truly desperate. They expect you to get off the phone within 4 minutes to take more calls so you can meet your metrics every month instead of helping the customers, you can't get any help from the supervisors because they haven't a clue as to what they are doing, you dont get to move up unless you brown nose it...............run as far away from this company as possible

2260 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

OK Company to work for....

Current Employee - Claims Representative in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Claims Representative in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great Immediate supervisors, all other upper management is kind of out of the loop of the daily processes. Great flexibility and overtime.

Cons

If you telecommute be careful (out of sight, out of mind) not much room to advance.

Take advice from supervisors, it comes directly from the team members, the ones who actually do the work!

Decent job to get started in your career, not much room to grow.

Former Employee - Account Consultant in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Account Consultant in Rockville, MD

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are in the Sales department you can make good money with bonuses and commission. Company culture is pretty flexible and will allow you to work from home occasionally within certain positions.

Cons

Republican company that doesn't allow for much growth. Did not enjoy the life in my office, lots of turnover of good employees who leave for more money.

Allow employees to grow and move in the company. Pay employees more for advanced degrees.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group