UnitedHealth Group

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

WORST COMPANY EVER TO WORK FOR

Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Oldsmar, FL
Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Oldsmar, FL

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

um, u get a paycheck

Cons

hard to get time off, you get written up if u missed work-even if you were admitted to the hospital as an emergency, supervisors and managers do not care about you only your numbers-I was put on medical leave-strict bed rest and not once in my entire time off did anyone in mgmt email me or call me to see how I was doing or when I was coming back, this is the worst company I have ever worked for and I am so glad I left there-I do not recommend this company to anyone unless you are truly desperate. They expect you to get off the phone within 4 minutes to take more calls so you can meet your metrics every month instead of helping the customers, you can't get any help from the supervisors because they haven't a clue as to what they are doing, you dont get to move up unless you brown nose it...............run as far away from this company as possible

2261 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Meh...

Former Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits can be alright, depending upon the your location and the position you have. Work environment is good - free coffee at most locations.

Cons

Big company - Hurry up and wait. Also, despite experiencing growth recently, the organization is stale at the top and in need of some new vision. Overall, employee morale is poor - despite the survey results they tout - everyone lies on those since they believe (rightly) that they are not anonymous.

Look hard at the management level that has been there for a number of years - they have all risen to the level of, well further then they should go.

OK Company to work for....

Current Employee - Claims Representative in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Claims Representative in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great Immediate supervisors, all other upper management is kind of out of the loop of the daily processes. Great flexibility and overtime.

Cons

If you telecommute be careful (out of sight, out of mind) not much room to advance.

Take advice from supervisors, it comes directly from the team members, the ones who actually do the work!

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group