There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Highly political and territorial management

Former Employee - Project Manager in Edina, MN
Former Employee - Project Manager in Edina, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Above average salary, average benefits (surprisingly average for the size of the company) and good opportunity for advancement.

Cons

I worked with several managers and all were fanatical that no one in any of the groups I worked in should contact's consult, or provide any information to the managers peers. One manager had a habit of raising his voice with his subordinates - unacceptable, but HR did not follow through with any of the complaints lodged from at least four individuals.

Remove supervisory responsibility from those managers that do not have the tact or disposition to deal with employees in a respectable manner.

2049 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Health Advisor

Current Employee - Health Advisor in Chico, CA
    Current Employee - Health Advisor in Chico, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for a lot of companies and this is by far the best. Decent health insurance, sick leave, vacation and consist schedules. The management I work for is very supportive.

Cons

You cant save the world and make every customer happy. Some people are just not happy no matter what you do. They take their frustration out on the person wearing the headset.

Remember the employees on the front line dont get a lot of time to review new info much less the excessive amount of email you send us. It's nice to try to keep us in the loop, but video/audio communication is a waste of time. I just have to delete it as I am too busy to watch or listen to it. Also, I would be more than happy to work OT more often if there had not been so much Manditory OT for the last year.

Great place to work. Employee appreciation is there. Benefits are good.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Accruing vacation. Good management. Possible relocation to unexciting places. Or is Kansas exciting?

Cons

Room to grow is limited.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group