UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Been here for 6 months, love it

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

First company I've worked for where the upper management care about the quality of their product
Employees are generally smart, hard working, willing to help you out
Salary is competitive
Benefits are good (chronically ill might have issues with the high deductible, but I'm ok with this)
Flexibility is great, might be different with each department, but I generally can work whatever hours I want to from home.
From what my coworkers say bonuses and raises are pretty good

If it stays the same I hope to be here for life.

Cons

It's a huge company so things move slow. There's some software tools I'd like to implement with my group but I know how much of a hassle it would be to get approval so I don't bother. If it was really important I'd bring it up.

Keep up the good work!

2267 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Monolithic company with way too many corners hidding poor managers

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Above average salary, average benefits (strangely so for such a large company), and good opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Having worked with several managers in multiple departments I found that some of the "Old Guard" management types were not up to the task of dealing with first-line employees in a positive manner. In one department I know of four people that went to HR to complain about being yelled at and swore at - HR did nothing (manager remained and his deportment remained the same.

Move those managers that do not have 21st century people skills into positions where their abusive style will not effect negatively on departmental personnel.

I would work there again under the right circumstances

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time

Pros

Many good managers who are supportive, good place to use experience and possibly gain more, depending on the area the culture is more cooperative and less political. Very good managerial training. I would recommend this company to a friend, but only with caution.

Cons

Too many reorgs and therefore it's difficult to accomplish goals. They will speak of career development but it might be difficult to gain, especially when there are many manager changes. There have been lay-offs lately and a freeze on most hiring, and I'm unsure why there are so many non-citizens working there (could be a lack of skills in the industry or that the salaries are cheaper, not sure).

Fewer reorg's should lead to more productivity and more time for career development. They should not overhire if they are then going to lay people off.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group