2002 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Run away!

Former Employee - RN Case Manager  in  Greensboro, NC
Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am not sure if there are any, I guess the pay is good for a work from home job.

Cons

You apply for the job and get hired for what you think is a clearly stated position and hours but once you settle into orientation it all changes. after about 2 weeks my group was told that their hours were changed to evening shift hours from day shift. the manager held up her hand and stated it was not up for discussion and reminded us all of our pay grades. Another manger (a male) threatened to interrogate us (all females) individually in a private room because we complained about the change and tried to complain about the change. It worsened over the next couple of months, denied time off, I was told that company needs were more important than attended my daughters high school graduation, they demand that you work overtime for no compensation but they deny you 1 hour to attend a family event. If you try to question them they call you into meetings where you are intimidated, bullied, and demeaned. They say they treat people that way because they can! I was told I could not contact HR to ask for a neutral party attend a disciplinary meeting because my pay grade didn't allow me to contact HR. When I did it anyway Hr confirmed that it was not company policy to deny HR to anyone, I was retaliated against by the manager and work from home revoked even though I had no disciplinary action take, my computer was tampered with and when I questioned, I was lied to by the IT department about what was wrong with it. HR had an outside person conduct an investigation about my complaints and validated me in all. I finally had to resign because of the bullying and intimidation so they tried to deny my unemployment benefits. during that hearing the manager and an internal UHC investigator lied multiple times which was proven by me and documentation, I won my benefits and am waiting an arbitration hearing. meanwhile 2 of these managers have been promoted... Can anybody say class action lawsuit?

trat people with respect, when you try to force, bully, intimidate and demean people problems like this develop, there is simply no need for it. treat people respectably and they will do their job.

Other Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

I loved my job; it was challenging and lots of flexibility.

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible, casual, challenging, conveniently located, work from home possibilities

Cons

The benefits are horrible and salary is just okay.

If you're not going to extend benefits to be competitive with the market, increase salaries.

United Healthcare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minnetonka, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This is a very secure company to work for. While there are the occasional lay-offs, for the most part, those who distinguish themselves as contributors can take comfort in having a long career.

Cons

The trade off to the security is that salaries tend to be on the lower end of the market spectrum.

To be more attractive to talent, either up salaries, bonus, add profit-sharing, or all of the above.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!