Run away!

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Greensboro, NC
Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am not sure if there are any, I guess the pay is good for a work from home job.

Cons

You apply for the job and get hired for what you think is a clearly stated position and hours but once you settle into orientation it all changes. after about 2 weeks my group was told that their hours were changed to evening shift hours from day shift. the manager held up her hand and stated it was not up for discussion and reminded us all of our pay grades. Another manger (a male) threatened to interrogate us (all females) individually in a private room because we complained about the change and tried to complain about the change. It worsened over the next couple of months, denied time off, I was told that company needs were more important than attended my daughters high school graduation, they demand that you work overtime for no compensation but they deny you 1 hour to attend a family event. If you try to question them they call you into meetings where you are intimidated, bullied, and demeaned. They say they treat people that way because they can! I was told I could not contact HR to ask for a neutral party attend a disciplinary meeting because my pay grade didn't allow me to contact HR. When I did it anyway Hr confirmed that it was not company policy to deny HR to anyone, I was retaliated against by the manager and work from home revoked even though I had no disciplinary action take, my computer was tampered with and when I questioned, I was lied to by the IT department about what was wrong with it. HR had an outside person conduct an investigation about my complaints and validated me in all. I finally had to resign because of the bullying and intimidation so they tried to deny my unemployment benefits. during that hearing the manager and an internal UHC investigator lied multiple times which was proven by me and documentation, I won my benefits and am waiting an arbitration hearing. meanwhile 2 of these managers have been promoted... Can anybody say class action lawsuit?

Advice to Management

trat people with respect, when you try to force, bully, intimidate and demean people problems like this develop, there is simply no need for it. treat people respectably and they will do their job.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Insurance Agent in Telesales

Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Sales Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Sales Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They definitely sell you at the beginning with how great the job is going to be. Plus, they gave me job at a dire time. I didn't have to show anything. They will hire ANYone. If you consider this a "pro"....which I no longer do.

Cons

Don't believe a word. Get EVERYthing in writing. Don't expect your bonuses to come through. Don't expect management to strive for excellence or care about much of anything. Sit it your cubicle, take your calls, and don't even think about having a mind of your own. No one even checks to ensure that what you are doing is moral, accurate, or efficient. The goals are always set beyond reach and are unattainable.

Advice to Management

Replace yourselves with actual decent working class human beings.

Culture is deeply infected with an illness of incompetency and racial discrimination

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job security evenif you don't contribute anything because contribution is not expected by the leadership. Flexibility too because your manager doesn't know what you do.

Cons

To succeed, you need to know or quickly learn the art of manuvering within the corporate politics and even if you learn, it won't help if you aren't able to be one of them. Everyone in my department, clinical, sales, IT knew that I deserved a promotion but because I didn't bow down to the leadership, I was never promoted.
    The benefit structure doesn't change even though the company wide Vital Sign survey does indicate that to the leadership about it every year since past many years.
    Most incompetent staff I have ever worked with. Every department has 1 or 2 bright individual who have to lift the weight of their whole department or team. There are dramatic and phony initiatives such as the Executive Leadership Program, Spot Awards and Talent Management Program, etc. are thrown as a carrot (a very small sum of lunch money) to individuals who are bright.

Advice to Management

Do not have any advice as this will go to the management with dumb heads and deaf ears