There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Very competitive fast paced constant

Current Employee - Director
Current Employee - Director

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to work from home, exciting federal and state programs and projects that help people to live healthier lives, opportunity to provide quality affordable healthcare

Cons

Poor management, and organization lack direction, planning, do not care about human resources, typical throw you under the bus culture that depends on what click you are in.

Advice to Management

On-boarding to current and new employees Planning

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

1. Been here for 6 months, love it

Pros

First company I've worked for where the upper management care about the quality of their product Employees are generally smart, hard working, willing to help you out Salary is competitive Benefits are good (chronically ill might have issues with the high deductible, but I'm ok with this) Flexibility is great, might be different with each department, but I generally can work whatever hours I want to from home. From what my coworkers say bonuses and raises are pretty good If it stays the same I hope to be here for life.

Cons

It's a huge company so things move slow. There's some software tools I'd like to implement with my group but I know how much of a hassle it would be to get approval so I don't bother. If it was really important I'd bring it up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. I would work there again under the right circumstances

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time

Pros

Many good managers who are supportive, good place to use experience and possibly gain more, depending on the area the culture is more cooperative and less political. Very good managerial training. I would recommend this company to a friend, but only with caution.

Cons

Too many reorgs and therefore it's difficult to accomplish goals. They will speak of career development but it might be difficult to gain, especially when there are many manager changes. There have been lay-offs lately and a freeze on most hiring, and I'm unsure why there are so many non-citizens working there (could be a lack of skills in the industry or that the salaries are cheaper, not sure).

Advice to Management

Fewer reorg's should lead to more productivity and more time for career development. They should not overhire if they are then going to lay people off.