There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Without a doubt one of the best companies to work for!!

Current Employee - High Risk Care Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - High Risk Care Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Integrity, loyalty and caring about ethics. Just a overall great company to work for.

Cons

Need to have more opportunity for promotion/bonuses for those employees who always go above and beyond. Often don't hear enough from upper management on success of what we actually accomplish for the company as a whole. Insurance benefits could be better particularly since we are health care employees and also we should have offerings such as silver sneakers to help promote improved employee health.

Advice to Management

Reward your people who make you look good on a daily basis and also listen to the insurance members and what they are saying about your employees and why they won't go elsewhere for insurance products.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Terrible place to work

Current Contractor - Outreach in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Contractor - Outreach in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

You get 24% off your at&t bill

Cons

Higher up want you to do as the say not as they do
    The company is cheap and they like to cherry pick because they dont want sick people or folks with pre-existing conditions
    Pay is terrible
    Higher ups only worry about covering their own butts and let racial slurs go by with no reprocussions because certain people help their bonus checks
    In total this place sucks

Advice to Management

Get yourself together
    When hiring reps who have no loyalty send your own ISR because the others are promoting their other clients like coventry upmc etc

Helping everyone live healthier lives except the Employees

Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free covered parking. Fair pay for entry level positions.

Cons

There is a demand for "mandatory overtime". The attendance policy is such that I worked for 3 days before going to the doctor to find out I had H1N1. When I called in on Monday to say I wouldn't be in, my boss told me that it would be counted against me on my attendance and adherence because it is January. I came to work anyway (sorry for spreading my illness) Customer service is less important that how fast you take a call. If a customer has deep issues regarding their medications, you must rush them off the phone because the clock is ticking. The rewards they give for a job well done are things you would expect in a junior high school; candy, pizza and such. If you have a sick child, you are not allowed to take time off to care for their needs. You must work, unless you are lucky to be employed in California where the laws protect parents who need to care for their sick children.