There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Without a doubt one of the best companies to work for!!

Current Employee - High Risk Care Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - High Risk Care Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Integrity, loyalty and caring about ethics. Just a overall great company to work for.

Cons

Need to have more opportunity for promotion/bonuses for those employees who always go above and beyond. Often don't hear enough from upper management on success of what we actually accomplish for the company as a whole. Insurance benefits could be better particularly since we are health care employees and also we should have offerings such as silver sneakers to help promote improved employee health.

Reward your people who make you look good on a daily basis and also listen to the insurance members and what they are saying about your employees and why they won't go elsewhere for insurance products.

1990 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Good company, but oh my gosh the burn out rate is pushed under the rug (big ol' secret)!

Current Employee - Health Advisor  in  Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Health Advisor in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay, opportunities to move up in the company if you are motivated to do so. Great training department. Decent health benefits. 401 k and stock options. Travel/relocation options. Work at home options.

Cons

Your shift switches every 3 months! hard to plan long term. Not enough employees, too much (mandatory) overtime. I have been on mandatory overtime for over a year and a half. I miss my family. Lack of Communication of direction from management at times. Hard to get a shift that ends prior to 7 or 8 pm with all of this overtime.

Talk to your employees, People are quitting because there is too much overtime being force upon us! Hire more qualified people who will stay with UHC to lighten the OT load. Open a daycare on site to be more flexible with families who have children. if you have us work till 8 pm give a option for daycare till 8 pm. (most day cares are not open that late)

Helping everyone live healthier lives except the Employees

Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free covered parking. Fair pay for entry level positions.

Cons

There is a demand for "mandatory overtime". The attendance policy is such that I worked for 3 days before going to the doctor to find out I had H1N1. When I called in on Monday to say I wouldn't be in, my boss told me that it would be counted against me on my attendance and adherence because it is January. I came to work anyway (sorry for spreading my illness) Customer service is less important that how fast you take a call. If a customer has deep issues regarding their medications, you must rush them off the phone because the clock is ticking. The rewards they give for a job well done are things you would expect in a junior high school; candy, pizza and such. If you have a sick child, you are not allowed to take time off to care for their needs. You must work, unless you are lucky to be employed in California where the laws protect parents who need to care for their sick children.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!