There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

UHG IT a Disaster [India office]

Current Employee - Leader : )  in  Hyderābād (India)
Current Employee - Leader : ) in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its a bag of money, & people have compromised to all extents. Trust me, am an insider to comment on this

Cons

I wish i can continue with the list...
1. "Leaders by luck" is very much applicable here. Strategy of hiring of a leader is very tactical they hire a fool down the stack & below one an intelligent & below that a fool(stack continues till bottom). The first fool hired is supposed to be part of extended leadership who would just follow the boss order (thereby the leader[so called] secures his position no threat for his chair) &the fool can never dream of climbing up as he does not possess any skill to be there neither he can practise to be one. The intelligent down does all the junk work & gets frustrated when raises a concern he is commented on being senior but cannot delegate anything down as there is another fool who is hired by his manager (the first fool). This is an excellent strategy which is being followed, not sure if the organization can build any culture like this (Trust me I can share names & functions for the whole organization)
2. Pathetic management & leadership - probably guidelines wont allow me to post, can name individuals. [infact naming is not required when all are same]
3. No culture of the organization, any leader (as described above) can make or break ur life. Offcourse u have the option to change the company, i will not comment anything on this.
3. U think out of the box - u r criticized. Whatever u think u have to to be inside the boundary & suggest ur ideas& name it as "bright idea" [quite very famous to get excellence award for fools]
4. No HR system, u have partners :) who will only show their face during specific period. They dont know how to act on anything, again they r hired by leaders to follow. Poor guys probably their hands are also tied - what more disgusting this can be when an employee tries to reach with a concern & that is never looked. I have 30+ cases which i can report out in such a short stint.
5. Compensation is good & will only increase when u r pet follower of ur boss
6. There is a measurment criteria of the organization (will not name that) by default they are at some great % inspite of unhappy & unsatisfied employees [can comment only in IT not sure in ops]
7. All leaders, managers works on that to create a better % , US team please wake up. I can challenge the authenticity.** lots of things attached behind this % showcase :)
8. Promises made to people are never fulfilled, tricks & tricks & tricks is the only mantra
9. Hiring is a big mesh as people who are rejected gets inside the system as they linked either to someone (u knw whm i mean) or pushed to some other with manipulation of interview form
10. Can also talk about some more info but unfortunately some names of individuals & cos might come up.

** for all points I have evidences & can give examples :).

Appeal to US management - If you read this & want proof I can come out of my shell...

2001 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Great company with potential for multiple opportunities

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

UnitedHealth offers the ability to move within the company to further your career opportunities. They offer great training courses and mentor programs.

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to communicate with a "live" person within the company as they often refer you to their Sharepoint sites to post questions and concerns. This can be frustrating when you are trying to address issues and be responsive to external customers.

Good company trying help people in a complex healthcare enviroment

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Job autonomy, flexibility, independence
    - Creating a new culture that rewards employees based on integrity, work ethic not tenure
    - Solid benefits package (vacation, discounts, health plan premiums)
    - Honest employees all driven toward 1 goal: helping people get healthier
    - Upper management is extremely engaged

Cons

- As with any large company, you need to make sure you talk about your accomplishments with your manager/leadership or else they will never know
    - Obtaining data for reporting and analysis is complicated, inaccurate and often challenging
    - Upper management engagement slows projects due to competing schedules and resources
    - Company culture is evolving and not yet concrete - not everyone is on the same page as to what is expected of an employee
    - Heavy amount of meetings each day (mainly on the phone due to hugely a virtual environment)
    - Virtual environment can be challenging (time zones, schedules etc.)
    - The healthcare environment is ever-changing and extremely complex; some may not excel without the ability to be resilient to change
    - Employee Health plans have huge deductibles that out way low premiums advantage

- Continue driving the company culture toward a common goal so employees know what is expected of them
    - Advise leadership to delegate tasks more often so that projects can be completed under budget and on-schedule
    - Advocate for stronger work/life balance (I.e. No meeting Friday afternoons)

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!