Working at United Healthcare as a Field Nurse- Case Manager

Current Employee - Field Case Manager RN in Newark, NJ
Current Employee - Field Case Manager RN in Newark, NJ

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, Benefits, Direct Manager.
They offer opportunity foir learning and growth.
I think they try to promote a satisfication in the work place... the are accomodating; depending on who you have as a manager.
Overall I enjoy working here because I make a direct impact on the patients, I feel very happy to work here, I like my job, duteis, patients and I make my own schedule. I rate it a 7 out of 10 (10 being the best).

Cons

Alot of changes and confusions.
They make changes, lots of them... so don’t get too comfortable, your title can change, your hours can change and if you can’t change they offer the door.
Often you will get many different answers for the same question.
YOU WILL LOSE YOUR PTO IF YOU RESIGN BEFORE USING IT- IN NJ And Other States.
It’s a job and they are going to do what is best for the job regardless of employee’s situation, so don’t come here with no sob stories.

Advice to Management

n/a

0 reviews filtered by

Your experience depends on your manager

Current Employee - SharePoint Administrator in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - SharePoint Administrator in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

UHG offers a very competitive benefits package, and in certain offices very nice and handy amenities. Attention is given to work/ life balance. Some managers really go out of their way for you to assist you. You do get enough free time to make some cool projects on your own at times.

Cons

It is a large organization. Some managers may not even know what you do. Look up "matrix organization" to learn what you will be in for. There can be very little accountability and most decisions will end up being decided through politics. Network with leaders, look for movers and shakers, or count on your career stagnating.

Advice to Management

The thick layer of middle managers creates a recipe for lack of accountability and enormous redundancy. Way too many planners and not enough doers. Unfortunately cutting the ranks of PMs would cause a revolt.

Flexible, but no interest in employment development.

Current Employee - Enrollment in Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Enrollment in Lisle, IL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am a telecommuter that has been the only benefit in my position. They offer a wealth of employee centered programs.

Cons

I have been in the same position for over 6 years, with no employee development opportunities or employee advancement. I have been very ambitious and express my desires to all my managers which has a high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Promote from within, experience and dedication should carry employee who may lack the education a long way within the company. Allow employee to shadow and explore other facets of the company.