There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Helping everyone live healthier lives except the Employees

Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free covered parking. Fair pay for entry level positions.

Cons

There is a demand for "mandatory overtime". The attendance policy is such that I worked for 3 days before going to the doctor to find out I had H1N1. When I called in on Monday to say I wouldn't be in, my boss told me that it would be counted against me on my attendance and adherence because it is January. I came to work anyway (sorry for spreading my illness) Customer service is less important that how fast you take a call. If a customer has deep issues regarding their medications, you must rush them off the phone because the clock is ticking. The rewards they give for a job well done are things you would expect in a junior high school; candy, pizza and such. If you have a sick child, you are not allowed to take time off to care for their needs. You must work, unless you are lucky to be employed in California where the laws protect parents who need to care for their sick children.

2002 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Run from this company

Current Employee - Medical Analyst  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Medical Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Average benefits and some like minded minions

Cons

This company is not concerned about its employees; mid to upper management is so busy protecting own position and trimming budgets that employees get trampled on. UHG has so many subsidiaries with different priorities that the customer and workers end up at the end of the line. Standing up for evidence or the customer puts you at odds with management. Management making decisions about medicine are former financial hacks and disregard professional medical opinions. This company exemplifies all that is wrong with healthcare in this country.

Serve your customers not your business clients.

I work on interesting problems from anywhere in the country.

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tele-commuting is promoted.
    Lots of responsibility.

Cons

A lack of uniformity of policies across the company. I was hired to work ~50 hours a week, I went through a reorg and now work for a group the penalizes my boss if I work over 40 hours.

There seem to be a lot of policy revisions that get released that go unenforced. It seems like the company doesn't have a single direction.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!