UnitedHealth Group

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Terrible place to work

Current Employee - Outreach in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Outreach in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

You get 24% off your at&t bill

Cons

Higher up want you to do as the say not as they do
The company is cheap and they like to cherry pick because they dont want sick people or folks with pre-existing conditions
Pay is terrible
Higher ups only worry about covering their own butts and let racial slurs go by with no reprocussions because certain people help their bonus checks
In total this place sucks

Get yourself together
When hiring reps who have no loyalty send your own ISR because the others are promoting their other clients like coventry upmc etc

2170 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Welcome to Slavery....

Current Employee - Health Advisor in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Health Advisor in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Income, PTO balance of 144.5 coming in....great co-workers

Cons

Where should I begin...this company does not care about its employees. Especially those of us on the front lines....we are just a metric. I had such high hopes for my career at United Healthcare and then my child got sick and I learned there was no sick time...that's right you read it correctly! A Fortune 25 company that doesn't offer it's employees sick time. You have to take an "occurrence" which leads to write-ups and possible termination. Oh and that 144.5 hours of PTO you have...how about you can't use it because of "business needs".

I was told that my schedule was from 9:30am-6Pm. I haven't worked my normal schedule but a handful of times since I've been there what with all the Mandatory Overtime. This week alone our site will have pulled over 50 hours Mandatory work hours and we are slated to be the same way next week! When am I supposed to see my family! When am I supposed have a life?! You have to beg and plead to go to the doctor and you can't use your PTO to cover it...no no no....you have to make up your OT hours. I feel like I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. Can't quit...got mouths to feed. Can't complain because they don't care.

The employees complain all day long ....i know they have to hear it. They just don't care. So how can they care about members?

Management makes empty promises like "if you get all of your knowalgents (online policies/procedures updates) done then we will offer Voluntary Time Off and you can go home early." So everyone scrambles to get their updates done and then guess what ...yep your still there on Christmas Eve and the day before Thanksgiving.

What really sealed the deal for me as to how management felt about us is when the Business leader said we were going to have a team food day around the holidays. How about everyone brought food and the Business leader went around handing out carnival style raffle tickets to the employees that brought dishes and those were the ones who could participate in food day. Never mind payday wasn't until that Friday...never mind the fact that she didn't notify in her joyful email any details on participation. No food.NO eat. So there we were ...those of us who had not brought lunch in anticipation of "Food Day" forced to scrounge up what we could and delightfully answer member calls. Hard act when in the back of your mind your resenting the company and the value they put on you as an employee even more.

I won't even get into the crappy benefits? What A-List insurance company gives average/below average benefits?

We are the faces and voices of YOUR company to YOUR members> We are intelligent, dedicated, hard workers who want to be treated with dignity & respect. Consideration should be given to our Work/Life balance. If we are not healthy and happy how an we effectively do our jobs? I read these reviews and it is sad because you have all the resources to turn this thing around and stop the revolving door at UHC. Care about us and you will see a difference not only in employee engagement but I believe in member satisfaction & stock growth as well!

Nurse Letter coordinator

Former Employee - Nurse Letter Coordinator in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Nurse Letter Coordinator in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent salary and benefits, work from home.

Cons

You have to work multiple weekends that was not clear upon hiring. Required to put in schedule for 6 month period which was not informed of during interview or hiring process. Unrealistic job expectations while setting employees up for failure. Over hired employees, reporting large number of employees hired for the year, then let go many....mostly older nurses!

Learn people & management skills, listen to employees.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group