Run from this company

Current Employee - Medical Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Medical Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Average benefits and some like minded minions

Cons

This company is not concerned about its employees; mid to upper management is so busy protecting own position and trimming budgets that employees get trampled on. UHG has so many subsidiaries with different priorities that the customer and workers end up at the end of the line. Standing up for evidence or the customer puts you at odds with management. Management making decisions about medicine are former financial hacks and disregard professional medical opinions. This company exemplifies all that is wrong with healthcare in this country.

Advice to Management

Serve your customers not your business clients.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

If I could give this negative stars I would

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time

Pros

The poor agents that have been duped by the "$25.00 an hour" lie. We are all there just to make it to a different job and need money until we can find it

Cons

Do not believe the ad that you will make $25 an hour. There is no way to get that amount. We have great salespeople that are experienced licensed agents and they can't make that amount. They do not care about the poor customers that are calling trying to figure out how to get health insurance. One of the supervisors is not even a licensed agent, yet talking to customers about plans and getting paid a 'bonus' on what the team sells which is clearly against Department of Insurance rules. Believe the previous posting about them asking for people to come in early and not getting paid. It's true. This is the worst company I have ever worked for. I know you may be desperate for a job (I was) but if you can hang on and find something else, do it.

Advice to Management

Try to realize that this job is only temporary for these people and even if the team tells you they like it, none (or very, very few) of them really do.

2. First Class Organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training, career growth, compensation, stock purchase plan

Cons

None I can think of. The company is doing a great job training employees, looking for growth oversees and overall treating the employees very well. I very much enjoy working here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job! The company has a bright future ahead of it.