UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
  www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Your experience depends on your manager

Current Employee - SharePoint Administrator in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - SharePoint Administrator in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

UHG offers a very competitive benefits package, and in certain offices very nice and handy amenities. Attention is given to work/ life balance. Some managers really go out of their way for you to assist you. You do get enough free time to make some cool projects on your own at times.

Cons

It is a large organization. Some managers may not even know what you do. Look up "matrix organization" to learn what you will be in for. There can be very little accountability and most decisions will end up being decided through politics. Network with leaders, look for movers and shakers, or count on your career stagnating.

The thick layer of middle managers creates a recipe for lack of accountability and enormous redundancy. Way too many planners and not enough doers. Unfortunately cutting the ranks of PMs would cause a revolt.

2170 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Good job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management was very supportive and personable. The director makes it a point to learn everyone's names. Supervisors were always willing to assist. Training provided was adequate but it depends on the effort one puts into using it.

Cons

The only cons were that there were gaps in training. There was some gossip amongst reps. The job can get a little frustrating if you don't know how to deal with customers.

Flexible, but no interest in employment development.

Current Employee - Enrollment in Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Enrollment in Lisle, IL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I am a telecommuter that has been the only benefit in my position. They offer a wealth of employee centered programs.

Cons

I have been in the same position for over 6 years, with no employee development opportunities or employee advancement. I have been very ambitious and express my desires to all my managers which has a high turnover rate.

Promote from within, experience and dedication should carry employee who may lack the education a long way within the company. Allow employee to shadow and explore other facets of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group