UnitedHealth Group

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Comfortable Job

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Malvern, PA
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Malvern, PA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a stable company

Cons

There offices aren't very close to the city

2247 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

No integrity.

Former Employee - SIU Investigator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - SIU Investigator in Houston, TX

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work from home.

Use of technology and technology support.

Cons

Leaders with no experience in the area they are supervising.

Not examining facts instead acting on notions.

No advancement from within.

Horrible health insurance considering it is a health insurance company.

Please ensure the persons you have in manager and director roles actually know something about the section they are in charge of. Being handicapped with a director who did not meet minimum qualifications for any position which she was in charge of, was quite detrimental.

If you have another option, take it. Otherwise start here and continue to look for other employment

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some ability to work from home. Pay to start is close or above the competition. Office location in Houston for Community and State provides security, which is needed for the location

Cons

Where do I start, it is the leadership. There is a new cultural program being rolled out which sounds great on paper, however the executive leadership based in the Houston office from the top down do not practice the model. They are rude to staff at all levels if they talk to them at all. A good act is put on when Corp staff visit and we are all told to make sure we "look happy and satisfied" People are discouraged to share ideas for improvement. Staff is harassed to take the satisfaction survey and give money to a charity that finally they give in and do it. Having a large response rate does not mean that staff are "engaged"

Listen to your staff. Talk to your staff. Act as if the staff actually matter. The game face you put on for Corporate visitors and the State client should be the normal working atmosphere. As a leader, act like you want to be there. Stop running off the good managers, directors, and executives. Be positive about your peers on the Executive Team. Just this month I witnessed major back biting by the second in command in the hallway. Really.....where is my incentive to do my job when the Executives are all complaining about each other. Focus that energy on the job at hand.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group