UnitedHealth Group

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Most Disappointing Work Experience of my Career

Former Employee - Telesales Agent in Green Bay, WI
Former Employee - Telesales Agent in Green Bay, WI

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent pay, okay benefits. Clean, professional work environment. Tried to create a somewhat "fun" environment with theme weeks and promotions for campaign kickoffs.

Cons

It's all about the numbers. Most everyone was hired for the busy Medicare Advantage selling season at the end of the year. Once that was over, expectations changed and one-by-one, we were all let go. This happened to a friend of mine the year before and I was hoping the company had changed, but it didn't. I left a good job for what I thought was a better opportunity at United Health Group, but I was never more wrong. If you start working there, keep your head down, your mouth shut, and do nothing to get noticed.

Stop lying.

2162 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Sales Manager

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work on many and varied projects. Most employees are easy to work with and try to be helpful, they really care about the quality of their work.
    Offers many courses to enhance your knowledge.

Cons

Extremely inconsistent, management changes course and leadership about every 3-6 months (in some cases complete opposite direction). People have been promoted to Managment positions without background or knowledge of the division they are leading; bypassing more qualified candidates (tends to follow clique). Senior management does not know how each division, purchased by Optum had created such as successful organization (why each company was purchased in the first place).
    No work/life balance at this company. PTO allotted is nice, but extremely hard to utilize especially toward the end of the year, even if goals have been attained. Lots of stress and morale is very low.

Constantly changing direction and focus is confusing to employees, partners, and clients. Leaders need to have background and knowledge of the divisions they lead instead of having their junior employees train them in their job.
    Products are very stale and outdated. Review the employee feedback and make meaningful changes.

The management team is soul destroying

Former Employee - Print Procurement in Golden Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Print Procurement in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers are pleasant.
    Team members cover each others butts due to management attitudes.

Cons

Management team is closed off.
    Money saving to the detriment of employees health.
    Employees are overloaded.
    No reward for going the extra-extra mile, it is expected of everyone with no acknowledgement.
    No compassion, employees terminated when experiencing health problems and family problems.

Listen to your employees, reward hard work, stop getting rid of the people that make the company great.
    Stop replacing experienced people with inexperienced ones so you can pay lower salaries.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group