UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com

UHG is a solid company that has innovative ideas for healthcare products & services for Americans.

IT Manager (Current Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsUHG is a company committed to providing services and creative solutions in both the healthcare & services sector. They leaders promote innovative ideas in many areas -- reimbursement methologies, benefit services & technology just to name a few. Adopting a "culture" within the company from a top-down approach speaks to their desire to be a leading company were people have a want to be be employed.

ConsWith all of the acquisitions over the past years, our customers really don't know who we are... The compnay need to strategically consolidate both business & technology functions to increase our 'brand' awareness. The daily activities to accomplish projects are swamped with "process" -- it needs to be streamlines/reduced for more effective and efficient productivity. More controls are necessary to limit the amount of off-shore resourcing so that the the knowlege stays in-house & on-shore.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the profits with the employees who work very hard to delivery quality products & services that enable the company to thrive. A dividend is nice for stock holders, but rewarding employees (merit increase & bonuses) will go a long way in encouraging employees to work even harder and smarter. This will lessen the attrition of highly skilled workers.

tellecommuter

Quality Auditor - Medical Claims (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Work at home is a big pro, no clothing expense, no gas… Cons: Raises are minimal and sometimes non-existent in a bad economy.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

EHR Remote Employee

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time

Pros: Company has experienced growth year after year. Great vacation plans. Flexibility to work remotely from home in… Cons: Acquired by United Health Group and has experienced changes. Evenings and weekends required in some positions. 2 Holidays a year requirement in… Advice to Senior Management: Recognize current staff for their hard work. Communicate bonus payouts clearly… More
There are newer reviews on UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!