There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

It is a large company and it is very difficult to matriculate. It is all based on " who you know, not what you know"

Current Employee - Individual Contributor  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you are a go getter and a hard worker you will sustain. Work life balance is great. The ability to telecommute is great and really can save time and gas and increase productivity if given the opportunity.

Cons

The employee driven promotion culture is a joke since it is about who you know. You are a grain of sand in the sand box. The company is large and has a diffcullt time with propering training when it comes to the managment teams.

Please put the right talent in the right positions and truly understand that you are managing tasks, not people. Try to make more of an effort to streamline and even out the playing field when it comes to promoting within the company, otherwise great talent walks out the door because they are underpaid and under appreciated.

2024 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Clincal Management Admin. Spvsr.

Former Employee - Clinical Management Admn Spvsr  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Clinical Management Admn Spvsr in New York, NY

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent Pay, Skilled Staff support, option to work from home if you can manage your work.

Cons

Benefits are not affordable for employees, option to work from home is not a good idea if you cannot manage your work load, a huge disconnect in communication between management and staff, national departments and local plan departments miss important memos, deadlines, etc. Senior management creates divides between national and local plan employees, where local plan employees are invited to certain company functions and national employees are not invited vice versa. Favortism is rampant and office rules does not apply to all creating a tense and stressfull work place.

Senior management to remove the divide between national and local plan employees creates a discriminatory work place for staff, make health benefits more affordable.

Terrible place to work for!!!!!! Morale is horrible and management is bad

Former Employee - Health Advisor  in  Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Health Advisor in Green Bay, WI

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Vacation time and the benefits

Cons

Left my job thinking I was going for a great opportunity, was I sure wrong! The trainers and supervisors were very cruel and were like robots I felt like I went through boot camp, then when you make it to the floor its worse. Basically they make you feel dumb, and like trash. Words of advice beware!! This is the reason they are always hiring! VERY degrading employer.

Do not treat your employees like garbage! They are the ones that are the asset to your company!!

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!