UnitedHealth Group

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Great call center job

Former Employee - Provider Phone Representative in Richardson, TX
Former Employee - Provider Phone Representative in Richardson, TX

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They offered comprehensive training with a great environment for learning, great co workers, the trainers did a great job and offered good feedback about progress, positive environment. There seemed to be a plenty of pathways to advance out of the call center within a year.

Cons

While this seemed to be one of the better call centers I have been in, the high pressure, overly bureaucratic environment of call centers in general is s definite con. Low pay considering the amount of knowledge and level of detail needed to perform the job.

2170 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Telephonic CM in Richardson, TX location

Former Employee - Telephonic Case Manager in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Telephonic Case Manager in Richardson, TX

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time

Pros

Very comparable benefits; nice to work on phones; all employees (nurses, administration, trainers, executives) invested in excellence and good rapport; training extensive, fast paced; nice environment: well lit, comfortable, mostly quiet, lunch area, restaurants close by, work out facility close by; safe location of PBGT; lots of different areas available for nurse to work within the company.

Cons

Metrics seem unrealistic: you can't work from home completey until you meet metric number; this number depends on how many contacts you make with live person per day. This means that not really a 40hour work week; more realistic for 45-55 hours to meet metrics. Need to like working in afternoons and evenings, even if original sign up for days...you get the most people after they get off work. Sales oriented focus...you have to meet metrics; get praised for metrics. Have to have audit reviews with outside customers; sometimes brutal process.

Management is great. Work is challenging, sometimes difficult to meet metrics. Instead of raising metrics continuously, find something else to focus on to praise employees.

Ok employer that offers alot, but does not deliver

Current Employee - Provider Phone Representative in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Provider Phone Representative in Southfield, MI

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Having a job and fair benefits.

Cons

company offers tuition reimbursement of $5250, but later says you have to be going to school for something dealing with your current position well if I'm going to school for Health Services Administration and I work in Customer Service, all of this deals with insurance. Also, UHC does not believe in hiring from within; they will go to the outside and you will not even get an interview. Several people have asked management why is it so hard to get a promotion after you have earned your tenure, and management give the old oke doke lines, we want the best and just hang in there.....So the way I see it is there is no tuition reimbursement or advancement opportunities.

Oh Yeah, did I neglect to say that I have a supervisor that only has a high school diploma? Is this why they won't pay for me to complete my bachelors? Advice to management: good people with interest in the company will be hard to keep if things don't change.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group