UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Overall great company that has made significant strides to create work-life balance and create employee opportunity.

Current Employee - Senior A Director, Market Planning in Minnetonka, MN
Current Employee - Senior A Director, Market Planning in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Support employee movement and advancement within, strong industry position, much improved culture and values, usually supports performance with appropriate pay, good purpose of helping people live healthier lives

Cons

Large company with challenges to get new ideas implemented and/or approved quickly, run into individuals with egos and rose-colored glasses, some leaders that don't walk their talk.

Make sure all leaders are deeply understanding their businesses, employees, and opportunities to enhance the business.

UnitedHealth Group Response

May 1, 2013Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks for your positive comment regarding your work at UnitedHealth Group! We are so glad that you enjoy working here and that you love the opportunity to do your lifes best work. (sm).

2339 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

benefit analyst in tucson arizona

Current Employee - Benefit Analyst in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Benefit Analyst in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group (more than a year)

Pros

Working from home is great benefit.

Cons

Management is horrible! They have no experience prior to there current role so we were treated like they were still in the military. Boot camp

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

Former Employee - House Calls Nurse Practitioner
    Former Employee - House Calls Nurse Practitioner

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are professional and make work seem fun. The theory behind what UHG is doing sounds good (helping people live healthier lives). It is nice to meet people that live around you and provide health education to members in the community. Overall, low level medical decision making skills and low level medical legal liability. Good benefits but pay is lacking.

Cons

Many of us housecalls NP practitioners were lured in with promised that were not kept (no raises, no bonuses and the pay structure is below national average). Then the schedules were unreasonable causing us to work longer and longer days, sometimes well over what we were scheduled to work and driving many miles daily. PTO is a use it or lose it "grant" (not benefit) so if/when one leaves the company, they don't pay out on the last check. Some of the check list for physical exam and testing during the housecalls visit is not medical evidence based (monofiiament screen on everyone).

Housecalls practitioners are the face of United Health Care in the field. We are the ones who represent your company. If we aren't happy with the company, no one will be happy with the company. You need to try to retain your NPs so you can retain your members for insurance.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group