UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com

1925 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

I felt appreciated and was provided opportunity for growth.

Former Employee - Audit  in  Frederick, MD
Former Employee - Audit in Frederick, MD

Pros

Actively sought to provide excelling employees opportunity for growth. I felt supported when learning new tasks and taking on new responsibilities. The colleagues I worked with were professional and friendly and managment was engaging and open to give and take of ideas.

Cons

There was little downside. The one criticism I can make from my experience is that the review period was a set time of year for all and new employees who were hired later in the year may have to wait nearly 2 years for their first salary review.

Keep up the good work.

UnitedHealth Group Response

Apr 29, 2013Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks for your comment regarding UnitedHealth Group and what is is like to work here! We appreciate your postivie comments and that you felt you were provided an opportunity for growth. We love ... More

Other reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Terrible Experience

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Advocate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Advocate in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Optum is a great place to start if you are a pharmacist or pharmacy tech looking to get a foot in the door with United Health Group. The company offers a great training course where they somewhat prepare you for your future with the company. Lots of nice people work with the company and they have a nice campus.

Cons

Optum Rx does not care about customer service what so ever! When you start all they focus on is how important customer service is, but when you get out of training you will soon realize that is not the case. This is a stats center. It is just another call center! The only thing they actually care about are your numbers. Five minute call time is the only thing that matters. Your calls will be recorded and listened to by some idiots that will score you off just for sighing or not apologizing enough during the call. No matter how much you excel with the company, you are really going no where. Even having the most calls, best call time, and best quality scores in the company guarantees you nothing. If you do happen to get promoted you are looking at a dollar an hour raise maybe. You will go nowhere fast with this company. While working with Optum you are consistently set up to fail. You will use two different computer programs, Iris and Rxhd which are 2 of the slowest most inconsistent programs I have ever seen used in such a large company. These programs freeze on a daily basis but you are still expected to meet all metric guidelines. Most of the "members" that call in are upset with the company, and in return take out there frustration on you.. You will be known as "you people" for the duration of your employment. You will be scream at, cursed at, and treated like an animal almost every day. I have worked for many different companies and I have never felt less appreciated then Optum made me feel. This is pretty much a dead end job unless you are a Pharmacy tech or a Pharmacist. One further warning to future employees, if you have paid time off available and plan on putting in your two week notice, you will lose all of it. Take your time off before putting in your notice! Or do not put in a notice at all. This is not a good company to work for especially if you are interested in customer service.

Way to much micromanaging. Who is in charge? Also an occasional good job would be nice. Many employees work extremely hard and get knocked down on a daily basis: reward hard working employees. Money talks and Optum does not offer any.

Great place to work--if you handle change well.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL

Pros

-salary is decent for a customer service rep in south FL. Most call centers pay $10 or less an hour.
    -Opportunity to work from home.
    -friendly atmosphere
    -great opportunity for promotion internally

Cons

-Hiring process is too harsh!
    -your whole career here depends on your supervisor, if youre not best friends, forget about promotion.
    -forever changing! (but this is health insurance so that should be expected.)

Personal opinion of someone should not matter. This is a work place and should be handled professionally. I love my supervisor but i've seen [omitted] handle other people inappropriately.

UnitedHealth Group Response

Apr 29, 2013Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks for your comments about working at UnitedHealth Group. We so appreciate that you enjoyed being able to work form home and that the atmosphere was friendly. We would love the opportunity to ... More

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!