There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Overall positive.

Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst  in  Cypress, CA
Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Cypress, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good study program for actuarial students.

Cons

Some departments could be rather busy and may require overtime.

UnitedHealth Group Response

Jun 7, 2013Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks for the positive review and glad you like working here!

1987 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Worst Experience in my 34yrs of working!!

Current Employee - Clinical Administrative Coordinator  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Clinical Administrative Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are not any except a paycheck.

Cons

Training is considered sitting with someone and watching them do their job with no explanation, no computer training, no client training, for your first two weeks. Then they throw you into "live" work expecting you to do it and correctly. No one around to help just do it. When and If you do get trained you will learn the computer systems by Webinar, who does that?? You can't learn from watching someone click through a computer...no hands on training.

Then when you do make a mistake or overlook something because you have had no training you are treated like you are stupid! My supervisor was illiterate, couldn't even write an email using proper tense or when to use plural or singular. She spoke english the same way she wrote it, poorly! How does someone like that get promoted in the first place?

After 3 weeks I still did not have a badge to get into the department. There is no one in the building
    to help, everyone is scattered throughout the US, my manager was up north. You communicate on email and IM's. No phone calls even.

The medical and dental benefits were worse than what the 'average' is for most companies, and this is United Healthcare...

Do not work here....

Start promoting people who are qualified not because of Affirmative Action!!!

Physician Advisor conned by Cocktails and Conversations

Former Employee - Physician Advisor  in  Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Physician Advisor in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'd be lying if I said anything.

Cons

Position is nothing like what was described at the C&C. There is no freedom, no stress-free scheduling. I had to schedule a small window of time to get up from the computer and take the dog outside. if you pause for a minute, the command center calls you immediately to remind you of the expectations for case turnaround time. It feels like Big Brother. Even after I packed up for the day, I was a nervous wreck and had trouble relaxing because it felt like someone was still watching my productivity and I would get yelled at for watching tv. Other employees were treated poorly as well. Employees in IT told me they hadn't received raises or bonuses in years and their time was scrutinized down the minute of arrival and departure.

Stop calling the Physician Advisors PA's. For a healthcare organization, you think they would know the trade lingo - PA stands for Physician Assistant. I'm convinced this company doesn't know anything and that is why they are hemmorhaging people, client hospitals, and money. Healthcare reform will close the doors on this organization as they are becoming obsolete. The Management Team at EHR probably won't even notice.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!