There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Of the places I have worked this is one of the best.

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work life balance, my position allows me to choose to work from home a few days a week.

Cons

Here I find it is hard to gain in salary when trying to grow within the company. I have been promoted 2 times within 5 years each time has gained me a 5% or less addition to my salary.

UnitedHealth Group Response

Jun 7, 2013Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks for the great recomendation. We love that you like working here and doing your life's best work!

1987 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Not employee friendly

Former Employee - Senior IT Business Analyst  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior IT Business Analyst in Irvine, CA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is honest, their employees are not their priority. Only offered promotions when employees were offered other positions. No real opportunity for growth.

Cons

The company was not consistent with policies, procedures, wasn't a great experience. I wouldn't recommend anyone going to work with this company.

Physicians (and everyone else) do not work here

Former Employee - Physician Advisor  in  Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Physician Advisor in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free parking other than that, free coffee? For now at least. Horrible coffee.

Cons

I wish EHR would have rescinded my offer - to the 100's of physicians who were affected: you are better off! This place is a nightmare. Pay was very low and no one ever received the full bonus thanks to UHG's magical 'target numbers'. I worked with physicians who are 'eligible for board certification' but who are not board certified. I also worked with nurse letter coordinators (who actually do what everyone think I do) who barely spoke English and I spent most of my time correcting their grammar and/or falling off my chair laughing. The company has cut a lot of their work force. Some positions were eliminated due to cost-control (such as outsourcing nurses to the Phillipines), others due to lack of need, such as the implementation team. A lot of very talented people were let go, but if your company is not growing and not acquiring new business it is understandable. For the few employees who are left, I would suggest that EHR wise up to the fact that the economy is not as bad as they think and the competition pays more.

Enjoy what will probably be your last job. Ever.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!