UnitedHealth Group

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Room for advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stable company with a decent working environment. Lots of chances to move to other teams if you want, I've had 4 different jobs in 7 years.

Cons

Pay increases can be a bit slow, bonuses aren't very large.

Reward your top performers.

2333 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Bad experience especially when leaving the company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Days off = OK, 18 days of PTO
    Accomodate life/work balance = able to work from home if needed

Cons

1. Health insurance for employees sucks = only high deductible insurance available
    2. I gave my 2 weeks in advance resignation letter to my boss who in return asking me where did I go. I told my boss I'll be working for another company who happen to be untedhealth competitor and because of this, my boss told me that I have to go right away. My boss gave indication that I will still be paid for the next 2 weeks since I gave the company 2 weeks in advance notice and it was the company decision not to honor it. These are all what I expected from the very beginning and, in my opinion, what every companies would normally do (to discharge its employees right away whenever they moved to competitor and paying salary for the next 2 weeks to honor the 2 weeks in advance notice). However, the following week, I got a call from my boss informing me that the HR decided to pay my salary just up to the day I left. I spoke with HR who was not really helpful, only saying that they can't pay me for the 2 weeks period. Not sure if this is legal.

Review carefully how you conduct your business for employees who resign because they are moving to your competitor.

Don't even waste your time with this company

Current Employee - Health Advisor in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Health Advisor in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay was not so bad.

Cons

Training is terrible. Mandatory overtime. No work/life balance. You are basically just a number. Benefits aren't they great either. Other employers that offer UHC have better coverage than what the actual company offers. They are also too knit picky. Seems as though they want you to fail. I guess that's why they have a high turnover rate. They are continuously hiring.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group