UnitedHealth Group

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Solid Organization From Top to Bottom

Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

UHC is innovative, aggressive, and fleet of foot in our marketplace. We seem to be successful in achieving a footprint where we choose to leave one. This means opportunity.

Cons

Sometimes I feel we might be a little too large. We think big and with the thinking big mentality we sometimes lose site of the little guy. However, the local markets appear to be a huge asset.

Keep pushing, but do some more mentoring for new management employees. Tough to learn all the systems.

2344 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Bad experience especially when leaving the company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Days off = OK, 18 days of PTO
    Accomodate life/work balance = able to work from home if needed

Cons

1. Health insurance for employees sucks = only high deductible insurance available
    2. I gave my 2 weeks in advance resignation letter to my boss who in return asking me where did I go. I told my boss I'll be working for another company who happen to be untedhealth competitor and because of this, my boss told me that I have to go right away. My boss gave indication that I will still be paid for the next 2 weeks since I gave the company 2 weeks in advance notice and it was the company decision not to honor it. These are all what I expected from the very beginning and, in my opinion, what every companies would normally do (to discharge its employees right away whenever they moved to competitor and paying salary for the next 2 weeks to honor the 2 weeks in advance notice). However, the following week, I got a call from my boss informing me that the HR decided to pay my salary just up to the day I left. I spoke with HR who was not really helpful, only saying that they can't pay me for the 2 weeks period. Not sure if this is legal.

Review carefully how you conduct your business for employees who resign because they are moving to your competitor.

Working at UHG

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Many work from home opportunities, mentoring program, look to hire vacant positions from within first, many opportunities to advance or look to work in a different dept.

Cons

pay increases are limited, benefit package is below what you may expect since this is a health insurance company

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group