UnitedHealth Group
2.8 of 5 1,779 reviews
www.unitedhealthgroup.com Minnetonka, MN 5000+ Employees

UHG has 5 Core Values: Innovation, Integrity, Performance, Compassion & Relationships. Financial Performance Rules.

Director (Current Employee)
Edina, MN

ProsThere are some very smart people here. It's the most powerful health insurance company in the U.S. The company has great name recognition. Accountability and proving performance with various layers of scrutiny are part of working here.

ConsIf you are in a leadership position, you will be asked to do..., morally ambigious, things in order to save or make money. The company will goose their income statements by declaring no raise or bonus years, even though the company is making money hand over fist. As a person with direct reports, that's a hard story to tell. The work pace is crazy, you will work 50+ hrs a week here if you are grade 28 and above. Turnover is crazy, especially in the call centers and in leadership: grade 29 and above.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people. Invest in your customers. Live the values you put in the signatures of your emails a little more. Making/saving money shouldn't be the motive behind all decisions when people's lives are so clearly at stake.

Flexible job

Claims Processor (Former Employee)
    Albany, NY

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Ability to work from home, flexible schedule, frequent overtime offered… Cons: Frequent meetings that don't pertain to those looking to move… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros: Decent Pay Opportunity to work from home Cons: Long hours Lack of advancement Bureaucratic Long Hours More
There are newer reviews on UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!

UnitedHealth Group – Why Work for Us?

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UnitedHealth Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UnitedHealth Group CEO Steve Hemsley. All reviews posted anonymously by UnitedHealth Group employees.