UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com

UHG has 5 Core Values: Innovation, Integrity, Performance, Compassion & Relationships. Financial Performance Rules.

Director (Current Employee) Edina, MN

ProsThere are some very smart people here. It's the most powerful health insurance company in the U.S. The company has great name recognition. Accountability and proving performance with various layers of scrutiny are part of working here.

ConsIf you are in a leadership position, you will be asked to do..., morally ambigious, things in order to save or make money. The company will goose their income statements by declaring no raise or bonus years, even though the company is making money hand over fist. As a person with direct reports, that's a hard story to tell. The work pace is crazy, you will work 50+ hrs a week here if you are grade 28 and above. Turnover is crazy, especially in the call centers and in leadership: grade 29 and above.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people. Invest in your customers. Live the values you put in the signatures of your emails a little more. Making/saving money shouldn't be the motive behind all decisions when people's lives are so clearly at stake.

Stressful, not allowed to take ownership of job role.

Prior Authorization Nurse (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for less than a year

Pros: Salary. Work space. Provided necessary equipment. No holidays or weekends. Cons: Micro-management. Dictator-like supervisor. Orientation not job specific. Advice to Senior Management: Allow employee's ownership of their role. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great colleagues, not-so-great management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Intelligent, knowledgeable, professional and supportive colleagues Cons: The management for our area offered no support and guidance for our department. Work-life balance - everyone was overworked. Body… Advice to Senior Management: Take classes in ethics and empathy. Learn to be customer-focused. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!