There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

If your in a good department, company is good

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

PTO, good people to work with

Cons

Has some bad middle managers

2079 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Company bleeding clients

Current Employee - Director of Strategic Accounts
    Current Employee - Director of Strategic Accounts

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Travel? Until 2 years ago I could collect points on my travel expenses. Now UHG collects the points....

Cons

HSA health plan very expensive. For a company owned by United Health Group they have the worst health insurance. Nothing is covered.

Changes to medicare and medicaid are making this company irrelevant. As a Director of Strategic Accounts, I have seen the company bleed clients. Implementation teams were laid off as there are no new clients.

If I could go back in time, I would tell UHG that purchasing EHR would be a very bad investment. Business is down over 20% this year, employee moral is in the toilet, and no one has seen a bonus in a long, long time.

The Management Team at EHR are inexperienced - the high turn-over and falling customer confidence are evidence of this. None of them have the experience to resuscitate this dying company. My advice to UHG's Management would be to replace the entire management team. Now.

Horrible people, horrible, company and horrible benefits.

Former Employee - Health Coach RN in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Health Coach RN in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Got the inside look at a big insurance and the mess that it is. Had a gym in side the complex with showers. A cafeteria with okay food.

Cons

My boss was a young egotistical and controlling little you know who. She had absolutely no leadership skills and no technical skills. This company has the worst benefits and worst pay out of any for-profit insurance company. Everything was micromanaged and you felt as though you were in boot camp every single day regardless of whether you were working from home or at the office. The time you took breaks and lunches was closely monitored and you better hope you don't get up to use the bathroom, because they would ask where you were. It was very depressing working there and seeing the gross perversion that is the for-profit insurance industry in this country. Team moral was always low and managers used employees to spy on their team mates.

You are not curing cancer so drop the large egos.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group