UnitedHealth Group

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

RN Case Manager

Current Employee - Case Manager
Current Employee - Case Manager

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's satisfying to impact the quality of a person's care.

Cons

Inept management that is demeaning to many highly educated RNs. Dishonest managers who are apparently placed in their positions not due to knowledge or skill, but their ability to brown nose those above them.

Treat your nurses like you do any other professional with the degree of education within your organization. Do not micro-manage high performers. Do not try to motivate with childish motivators. If you value what we do, give us bonuses. You sure get them. Stop promising your clients more than we can provide, forcing the nurses into working without lunches or breaks, as though we are factory workers. Do SOMETHING about retention. You are hemorrhaging case managers because of the toxic environment.

2251 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Misleading

Former Employee - Subrogation Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Subrogation Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

i cannot find any pros.

Cons

Workload was such that vacation was not an option. What HR doesn't tell you as part of your benefit package is that you do not leave with accrued PTO, they keep it.

Hostile work environment and mean spirited managers

Former Employee - Senior Data Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Data Analyst

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

PTO is great, but you'll need it, if you can unwind that is.

Cons

"Most of the people I mentioned above have either quit, been fired, or have become so overworked and dumped on they no longer can physically, mentally, or emotionally do what they once did so brilliantly any longer."

I copied the statement above from a review I read by a Sr Project Manager. This is the exact truth, he\she hit right on the head of the nail.

Once being tenure and highly productive, knowledgeable and 7 years of experience in my field, I was reduced to an emotional basket case from their deception, lies, trickery, harassment and the threat of being fired at any time during the day. I would wake up to go to work wondering if my badge would open the door and come home and collapse into my bed emotionally drained, and stressed to the point of many, many sleepless nights. These people are mean, cut throat, and unqualified to be managers. There is a huge problem with cliques and favoritism among highly unqualified middle management and their favored subordinates. They allow your co-workers to disrespect you, disregard you, minimalize your ideas and talk about you openly on the floor and behind closed doors. They find a snitch to report back to your manager about everything you do. Any mistake is overblown and management never takes responsibility for anything. They steal your ideas and make them their own and will never give you an ounce of credit.
    UHG has a very, very hostile work environment. Believe me. They ruined me to the point where I can no longer work and I am now on permanent disability. Something I never expected or wanted. Now it is left up to me to pick up the pieces and move on. I learned a hard, hard lesson.

Hire people who are qualified to manage and stop degrading, harassing and abusing your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group