UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Great company, atmosphere and potential for growth

Current Employee - Clinical Administrative Coordinator
Current Employee - Clinical Administrative Coordinator

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-The pay is awesome and they work with you during negotiation
-Great co-workers surrounded by people who really care about helping others
-Benefits are great and what they offer (Time off, health coach, savings plan etc.)
-Large company so much opportunity for growth

Cons

-Can be unstable and a lot of random last minute changes but thats just corporate and I am used to that. Have to be flexible and roll with the punches!

Nothing. I have a great Supervisor and Director and I see great things for UnitedHealth Group.

UnitedHealth Group Response

Nov 4, 2013Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks for the great review and we are so glad that you enjoy working here!

2261 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Good company, growth opportunities

Current Employee - Project Manager in Minnetonka, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very talented individuals, opportunities to learn from each other and mentors. Innovative ideas encouraged. Good work life balance

Cons

Opportunity for career growth may be limited depending upon pay grade scale and location.

One of our values is Compassion. To walk in the steps of the members we serve. I suggest management walks in the steps of the employees as well. Until you have done the job of the people you supervise, you will not be able to have compassion for them.

UnitedHealth Group Response

Nov 4, 2013Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks for your great review about working at UnitedHealth Group. We are so glad that you brought your passion to UnitedHealth Group and are doing your life's best work (sm).

Not Bad, Not Great

Former Employee - Claims Processor in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Claims Processor in Bothell, WA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I wish I had more positive things to say about the company, but as a general thing, the best parts of this job were specific to the Bothell office. The people I worked with and worked for directly were, with few exceptions, pretty good or even great. We had a good local culture because we were somewhat distant from the home office and largely autonomous, at least initially.

The one thing the company did right was that, when we lost the huge contract that sustained most of our office, they managed to keep us employed for a couple more years with a big project.

The company seems willing to let a lot of people telecommute though, which is always a plus.

Cons

Every time something came down from higher-level management, it was bad news for us.

Our medical benefits got worse every year, and they weren't great to start with. (As an aside, it's pretty galling to work for a health insurance company that provides such mediocre health insurance to its employees. Almost every plan I worked on was better than mine.)They slashed our benefit for diabetes medications at just about the same time they were running a big diabetes awareness campaign.

They implemented a combined claims/customer service department for their newer contracts, but it's such a miserable department to work in that everyone who transferred to it regrets it. No one working in our office would apply for openings there, so they had to hire outside the company.

And then there were little things like "normalizing" policies for PTO and bonuses across the company, and those were inevitably worse for us.

The company also puts out a bunch of initiatives about caring about its employees, particularly their health, but it rings pretty hollow given our non-competitive pay and poor benefits.

All that is without getting into the company trying to use its employees as part of its propaganda machine when they were fighting against the ACA. Every employee was given pre-written post cards to send to Congress decrying the ACA.

Stop treating your employees like cogs in your money machine while your marketing department tries to fool us into thinking you care.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group